• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May boards

Grumman10

ENS USN
Who all is submitting their package for the May boards? Just wanted to start meeting some people I might end up in OCS with.

blarged

ready
Count me in for May boards. I am re-applying after non-select in January 2008. I'm going BDCP though.

first choice: IW
second choice: SWO/IW
third choice: none
School: University of Cincinnati
Degree: Computer Science
GPA: 2.9
ASTB: 65/7/7/7
LOR: 2 Managers, 1 Flight Instructor, 1 LCDR

Grumman10

ENS USN
Im going for OCS. I wanted to apply for BDCP but my GPA was too low when I was eligable (2.75-2.9). I am going SNA/NFO/Intel. My package looks like this:
2.99 GPA:B.A. U.S. History, B.A. International Relations
Lots of extracuriculars
LORS: USN O-8, USA O-7, USN O-6, ANG O-6 and Chair of Poli. Sci. Dept. at my school.
ASTB: 6/6/6/51

We'll see if I get picked up, apparently I am pretty competitive (says my OR).

When do you graduate and when can you expect to report to OSC?

batesdl

I was supposed to be in the March Boards and April Boards, but my Service Record has yet to come back. My OR said I would for sure be reviewed for the May Boards.

Here are my stats, going for SNA only.

26 years old
ASTB 5/6/5 43
4 years prior service in Navy-Honorable
Associates of Arts in Business 3.8 GPA
Bachelor of Science in Business Management 3.8 GPA
Master's of Business Admin./Minor Global Management 3.65 GPA
6 LOR's 2 from Vice Presidents of Fortune 500 companies, 2 from Director's of large companies and 2 Manager's.
A&P License and flight time-Cessna 172
Excellent Low PRT
All Outstanding work references

Thanks,

Dan

blarged

ready
When do you graduate and when can you expect to report to OSC?

I graduate Spring of 2010 (June I believe). So I would most likely be in July of 2010 for OCS. This will be my last shot at BDCP. I think if I am non-select and have to apply again it would be for DA after graduation.

chasejj

SWO? What is this "SWO" you speak of?
23yo female
first choice: SWO
second choice: Supply
third choice: Intel
School: Westminster College, MO
Degree: English
GPA: 3.4
ASTB- 4/4/4/58
2 Retired Colonels (yeah I know...) and English Prof. for LOR
44pu/66su(broke form, could have done more...) and 13:19 for my 1.5 run (Im not speedy)

blarged

ready
Just an FYI, I just heard from my recruiter that IW will be meeting in May, however, SWO/IW will not meet May but will meet in June.

jdw006

Just found out I was rolled to May. SNA/SWO/INTEL
BA Polisci/History with honors Sam Houston State University
5/5/4-55
Letters from E-5 Marine and E-5 Army who I have known my whole life and from Polisci prof who worked at NORAD and is a son of a Naval Aviator
Varsity defensive captain football (bi-district champions, academic all state), track 4x1/2/400 relays (second at regionals), baseball
2 years college rugby
Did everything in Boy Scouts except get Eagle
Good amount of community service

jdw006

They either reached their quota or it was late. I finished it up March 27th (so sent that day it would have arrived 29th/30th), but my OR said his processor wouldn't be back until Monday (29th) or something like that, and if that's the case it was probably received the 1st or 2nd. Such is life.

SWOHopeful

Ooo okay. Yeah that is probably what happened. I know for my package, I was done on February 8th but it did not get to CRNC until February 24 and it did not get seen, but that was for other reasons. Apparently there are quite a few steps after we finish our packages. Keep looking up man, you will know something before you realize it.

Jeffe

Final Select 2009
My OR said he wouldn't be able to know until the results came out on whether or not i got rolled...I submitted 2 or 3 MAR. Anyone know if we can see the list ourselves or am I SOL and just waiting for the Board Gods?

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
OK, I was going to wait until I was for sure at board to post here, but in midst of my wishful thinking I'll go ahead:

BDCP - SNA only
24 years old
66/9/9/9
No PRT yet, but unofficially at 50pu, 50su, 10:30 1.5mi - almost at weight, should be there before the end of the month
3.25 GPA B.A. Political Science, University of North Texas
LOR's: AF O-6 pilot, Navy O-5 pilot, director of ops (boss - since my boss/dad can't write one), former university department chair, AF O-4 pilot/instructor (local Justice of the Peace/Judge/family friend)
100+ hours of unlogged flight time, including turbine experience...I was dumb as a teenager and didn't bother to get the ratings when I had the time to spare, lol
Roughly 50 hours/year community service, through our church or other organizations
4+ years church musician/youth group leader
Former AFROTC cadet/flight/squadron commander

Good luck to everyone, hopefully this one will FINALLY be the one for me too. I can attest that patience really IS a virtue, and you definitely will have to "hurry up and wait" in the US Navy, lol. I'm only three pounds away from being under the regs max, so my somewhat hard work has paid off in the loss of 20 pounds since January...

Speedy3

I got rolled too. Look at the April thread to see my stats 7/7/6 58 blah blah blah. Just trying to bounce back from the bad news.