• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May boards

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
I was supposed to be submitting to the May board, but now it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'm taking the ASTB on Wednesday, at which point everything will be in except my LORs (unless they miraculously come in the mail before then). Looks like I may end up having to wait until June to submit which I'm really upset about :( I'm just praying that I get picked up before the end of August, otherwise I'll have to go with my backup plan (grad school). Can't turn down my scholarship unless I'm sure that I'll be going to OCS... soooo stressed right now!

jdw006

I don't really have a frame of reference as I am in the same boat as most of you. But I have learned a couple things in my application process.

1) Don't wait to submit anything (ONLY exceptions being ASTB or PT if you really aren't ready). Just don't, it is a lengthy, complicated process. The sooner you get it in the better. You probably won't be fully selected your first go round anyways.
2) Be patient. Read the April Board thread. It is ridiculous how anxious most of the applicants are. No one knows exactly who is going to be seen and or when the results will be seen. You will hear, and if you don't by the 20th or so, give your recruiter a call.

I too had my packet sent off on the 27th (March for April board). It should have arrived by the first, but I don't believe mine was seen. On the plus side though I am almost guaranteed to be seen for May, which is a bit of consolation.

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
otherwise I'll have to go with my backup plan (grad school)

you're smarter than i am. i spent 2 years getting a masters degree, and now i am too old to apply for NA/NFO. you can go to graduate school after you're in, and you can get the navy to pay for it.

"hurry up and wait" seems to be the overall philosophy of the navy at this point.

does anybody have any idea how long they allow you to delay going to OCS after getting a final select? my sister is getting married in july and i was wondering just how long delay before heading to OCS they consider "appropriate".

nikiterp86

Pro-rec'd INTEL!!!!!
"hurry up and wait" seems to be the overall philosophy of the navy at this point.

Haha, and according to my dad (a Navy vet from the early 80s)... it always has been. Well at least since he was in! Definitely something we all need to get used to.

His other favorite phrase is "The right way, the wrong way, and the Navy way." Don't expect anything to make sense haha, just nod your head and go along with it. Best piece of advice he ever gave me, it's keeping me sane right now!

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
the phrase "wait until next month" has certainly taken on a new meaning for me. i've been told it would "just be another month" going on 4 months now. you cant blame the OR's, i think they're in the dark just as much as us, but you would think CNRC would be able to make the process a bit more transparent these days.

Krafty1

Head in the clouds
Contacted my OR and I got pushed to May as well. My stats...

SNA/NFO
23 years old
Male
BS Aviation Flight Science 3.45 GPA
7/8/7 55 ASTB scores
5 LORs from bosses and flight instructors
Held a job throughout college
Currently hold a management position
Flight Experience:
Commercial Flight Cert: SE, ME, Instrument
Flight Instructor: CFI, CFII
Total hours around 290
PRT: p/u:50 c/u:86 run: 10:30

Squishy

First Post! Anyways hoping to get my package off before the weeks over. Here's my info:

BDCP - SNA Only
21 Years old
ASTB: 7/7/6/61
School: B.A. Professional Aviation Flight Technology, 3.81 GPA, Indiana State University
LOR's: O-6 Navy Helo Pilot (also a professor), 1 Professor (Prior AF), Fraternity Advisor, Chief Pilot
Flight Time: 530+ Hours. CFI/CFII/MEI, Aerobatics, Sea Plane
Extracurricular Activities: Extensive Intramural Sports, Cycling, Founding Treasurer of my Fraternity, Honor Society, Deans List, Pro. Aviation Fraternity
Volunteer Service: Special Olympics, Habitat for Humanity, Personally raised over $6000 for Push America, Biking across America this summer for people with disabilities.

Haven't sent off my package yet. Waiting on my LOR's to get finished and still drafting my statement. Good luck to all and I hope we don't have to wait till October for an SNA slot. =/

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
if what was just posted on the april boards is true, then we're all gonna have to wait till october for ocs...

blarged

ready
if what was just posted on the april boards is true, then we're all gonna have to wait till october for ocs...

what they are saying over there is wait for an october graduation date. so october 1st minus 12 weeks for an OCS date.

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
which isn't so bad. i was momentarily under the impression that ocs classes were essentially full until october 1. heading to ocs in late july after being pro-rec'd in april doesn't seem like an inappropriate timeline; it seems most people have to wait a couple months to get their FS anyway.

Big Biff

Got Em
Correct, and this means ALL slots are open now for the next fiscal year, besides those already final selected with an FY-10 grad date. Good luck to you all.

batesdl

what they are saying over there is wait for an october graduation date. so october 1st minus 12 weeks for an OCS date.

Correct, and this means ALL slots are open now for the next fiscal year, besides those already final selected with an FY-10 grad date. Good luck to you all.

Back In Feb., my OR stated that I would be looking at a July OCS date at the earliest if I were selected in the May Boards.

batesdl

which isn't so bad. i was momentarily under the impression that ocs classes were essentially full until october 1. heading to ocs in late july after being pro-rec'd in april doesn't seem like an inappropriate timeline; it seems most people have to wait a couple months to get their FS anyway.

I do not know about you, but I have began to get use to the waiting game.