• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 15TH Selection Board

vinnyVin

27yrs old (7yrs. prior service Navy)
OAR 44
B.S. Workforce Education and Development
GPA 4.0

Supply/SWO
PRT: Good High
LORs: 2 academic advisors, 3 former employers,

Interview: (1) 0-4 Supply Officer

flopper

in my highschool, you can't walk if you haven't done everything, even the required service learning hours (forced community volunteerism!) and definitely you're required to pay off everything you owe for missing library books, etc. so what happens if you don't take the summer class? do they take back the diploma, or what? LOL.

grats on graduating, btw! :)

It's called college

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
DSL when you walk..you get a "diploma" that is empty, just like in high school. Upon satisfying my summer class, my official diploma will be mailed to me or sent to my specific college within my University for pick up.

Nitekrawler

wow you guys do have some very good packages...to me i cant see any of you getting turned down but I hear the oards are very hard to sway. I am in the process of scheduling my ASTB test.

Any suggestions for the test? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Good luck, guys. I can't get my recruiter to call me back, and I'm pretty sure it's because my application didn't make it in time for this month after all.

Oh well, hurrying up and waiting for June! It's getting harder and harder to come to work every morning.

You're all in my prayers.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
wow you guys do have some very good packages...to me i cant see any of you getting turned down but I hear the oards are very hard to sway. I am in the process of scheduling my ASTB test.

Any suggestions for the test? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

NK, check out the ASTB subforum, there's a ton of gouge on there. The ARCO book and the Marine gouge are a good place to start. The Math on the test doesn't really exceed Alg. II, and they are mostly in the form of word problems. Learn how to do the Spatial Apperception problems from the ARCO book. Study aviation and nautical terminology, rules, rights of way, communication, and flght theory. Know what happens when an aircraft breaks the sound barrier, etc.

This is just a tidbit, fwiw. I studied gouge from this site for 2-3 weeks and did okay, imo.

Nitekrawler

Tyler,

Yea I have a study guide book i purshed and have been lookin into it very much. Im not the greatest on standarized test though. Thats really my only concern. Math will not be a problem for me along with the spatial apperception sections as I have really been studying them and understand them very much. Now the sound barrier stuff I have never encountered and heard that was on the test. But thanks for the heads up on that one. Im trying not to be nervous because this is the only thing I want to do after graduation.

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Tyler,

Yea I have a study guide book i purshed and have been lookin into it very much. Im not the greatest on standarized test though. Thats really my only concern. Math will not be a problem for me along with the spatial apperception sections as I have really been studying them and understand them very much. Now the sound barrier stuff I have never encountered and heard that was on the test. But thanks for the heads up on that one. Im trying not to be nervous because this is the only thing I want to do after graduation.

Good luck! Just keep studying.

RE: The aviation specific info -- Good site to study

RE: Nautical specific terminology -- Good site to study

/threadjack

Nitekrawler

Aw man thanks. I take the test in about a month or so. Hopefully I'll do well. No, let me speak it into exsistence...I will do well...And wen I do finally get my scores back ill hopefully be competitive enough to post on here with all you guys!

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I heard back from the good ole OR today. He said I'm up for the board. Some more exciting news - my family all pitched in and are getting me PPL lessons this summer. Sweet.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
jt

Thats sweet. You'll have fun flying around in those Cessnas whenever the hell you want. They are a blast.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
congrats JT ...we have to buy each other a ton of brewski's if we see each other in the fleet :) ..now just how to get there.....hmmm.....

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Look for the hungover looking wine-o...and when you find me..notice the double-cup :) 30 minutes bottle to throttle right?

Attachments

• grad pic.JPG
    grad pic.JPG
    910.8 KB · Views: 112

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
Tyler,

The best tip i can give you to help with taking the test is work efficiently, skip problems you dont know how to do come back to them if you have enough time, if you are not finished with 30 seconds left, go through and answer all the remaining questions with the same answer and you will likely get at least one or two more right that way. on top of that try taking a practice test and time yourself,
good luck