• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 15TH Selection Board

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Nobody wants to compare packages here, don't get too excited. DADT. Just application stats.

greeneggsnspam

A walking contradiction
23yrs old (non-prior)
4/4/4 OAR 47
B.A. Communications
GPA 2.8 (curse you one year of engineering)
NFO/SWO
PRT: Good High
LORs: academic adviser, 2 former employers, mayor, 0-6 (retired SNA), 0-5 & 06 (retired army, friends of the family)

Extra:
Eagle Scout
Brotherhood in the O.A.
Marching band (high school)
Theater
(high school)
Robotics team (high school)

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Does anyone know in a typical month how many spots are available for BDCP compared to OCS, specifically SNA/NFO?

cgoetz

You know what I am a little concerned about my extra curricular activities. I signed up for some clubs but I only really commited to one of them. I plan this summer to do some community service. I have never been really involved in any sports, and I see a lot of guys are. I know a LT commander I talked from vfc 111 told me I should get involved in some intramural sports. Can anyone help me out?

Goob83

None
Intel, IW, NFO, Pilot, SWO, AMDO and Supply at board list are posted ask your recruiter if you are on there. if not something is wrong you did not submit in time or you were not qualifed for the program you applied

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Intel, IW, NFO, Pilot, SWO, AMDO and Supply at board list are posted ask your recruiter if you are on there. if not something is wrong you did not submit in time or you were not qualifed for the program you applied

Thanks, Goob!

I'll bug my recruiter tomorrow.

PigzFly

Have confirmed I am on the "Awaiting Board" list.

Anyone else confirmed yet? Just a week until packages will be reviewed. Good luck, again, to all.

whiskeytango83

24yr/Male
3.5 GPA
B.S.Aeronautics/Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Univ.
A.A.S. Airway Science/CCAF
7/7/7 58
ASVAB 91
PRT: Excellent High
Prior Enlisted Air Force - 4yrs
7yrs Aviation Experience
Air Traffic Controller
Private Pilot
LORs: 08/Aviator, O6/Aviator, GS13, 2 Enlisted buddies
Lots of extras and community service

Applying for SNA

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
You guys have some good stuff going into your packages.

Pigz, I haven't heard yet from my OR if I am 'At Board.' I sent him an e-mail on Friday morning, hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow. Assuming I made the board, I'm just going to bet we will know results on Monday the 19th, since the 15th is a Thursday and we probably wont find out the day after.

PigzFly

I think it all depends on when the list is released. If they release it the day of, we may know the 16th. I believe it is viewable by our recruiters as soon as it is released. I just dont know what the turn around is. Have finals this week, so Im trying to stay busy. Just ready to know one way or another. I know we are all in the same boat.

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
I'm actually done, finished last week and graduated yesterday...what a weird feeling! Good luck all with finals, and as soon as results are posted, let everyone know.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
i graduated yesterday as well...im taking one summer class though but i officially walked and everything yesterday. i am not on this selection board though because my grades wont even be available until this friday.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
i graduated yesterday as well...im taking one summer class though but i officially walked and everything yesterday.

in my highschool, you can't walk if you haven't done everything, even the required service learning hours (forced community volunteerism!) and definitely you're required to pay off everything you owe for missing library books, etc. so what happens if you don't take the summer class? do they take back the diploma, or what? LOL.

grats on graduating, btw! :)