• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

mattress suggestions??

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Bolter, what the heck is your internal core temp? High EGT sorta dude? We're going on nearly a year now and no heating issues, relations are just fine, and the whole bed doesn't jiggle when I hop in so I don't wake the wife. Just like dropping that bowling ball with a glass of red wine on it...

It's a Temp-a-pedaclone from Cantwell Matress here in Corpus a 60% the cost. Not the same, you get what you pay for, but we're happy with the 60% solution.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... Memory foam is too hot and too hard to have relations on....
Bullshit. If an ol' guy can do "it" and YOU can't ... you have a serious problem.

"Too hot"?? Mebbe the "relations" are ... but to each their own.

The "sleep"?? It's "no sweat". :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The thing I hate most about mattresses is that every damned store has their own names for the same mattress. You can't comparison shop. If car dealerships did that, they'd get sued. But I am never spending less than a grand on a queen size mattress again. I got an $800 Simmons mattress 3 years ago and it's already dented. And if I weigh 150 I need to shed some pounds. They said not to rotate it. Yeah, right. If I'd have known then what I know now I'd have paid $1500 and got something that would last 10 years plus.

Oddly enough, when I go home to visit my parents, I sleep in the same double bed that I grew up in. The mattress feels fine after 30+ years and it's . . . yep . . . a Simmons. That they got for free, used. Before I was born. I guess they don't make 'em like they used to.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... I guess they don't make 'em like they used to.
*sigh* ... and what have I been sayin' all this time .... ??? :)

kurz1um6.jpg

MettGT

pilot
I've got an IKEA foam mattress, queen size for about $250 - it's got to be one of the most comfortable mattresses I've ever slept on.

docpup

What is another word for theaurus?
Read the thread prior to buying the Temper-pedic middle of the road model. First night sleep was last night. Most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. For a point of reference, I only snore when I have a head cold or am completely HAMMERED. The wife said I was sawing logs from eyes closed. She might not be happy with the purchase after all, but I'm sold forever.

I advise you to research some of the problems associated with memory foam mattresses (such as lumping and dips) prior to jumping into the Tempurpedic scene. Some people will say they've never experienced the problem, while others will curse the expensive mattress because of it.

I highly recommend the W bed. Purchase whatever size you want (plush top), add a featherbed and a duvet, and be prepared for one of the finest beds you've ever encountered.

http://www.whotelsthestore.com/item.asp?curr_item_id=5&cat_id=2

Delivery to the major cities listed is very fast, however, it may take 2 weeks to arrive elsewhere (that's how long it took mine to arrive several years ago).

Use this code to get 40% off: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8E4WT [/FONT]