• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

mattress suggestions??

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
I loved it for the first 3 months....then I HATED it!! It's awful. Don't get one! It like permanently molded in some areas, and it is really hot. It is very frusterating if you like to move around...it doesn't let you..

Nearing month 5 and I still love it. Not hot, just soft, cozy and supportive.

Achilles

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!
pilot
I've been thinking of making the plunge into the world of tempurpedic; is everyone who has purchased a tempurpedic happy with their decision? Also is there a consensus on which model to purchase? From this thread it seems that to really appreciate the tempurpedic mattress then I need to purchase at least a 12" model.

I've been debating on whether I should purchase the tempurpedic or buy a traditional mattress with the 4" serta top. Even though the tempurpedic does cost more you can get interest free financing for two years from healthy back so I could spread the cost out over 2 years instead of paying it all up front. Any suggestions?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
i went all out, and got the best of both worlds with a select comfort with a memory foam topper. it. is. amazing.

very pricey but worth every penny, and they did/may still do a 0% financing dealie for a year. i would definitely take them up on that if you're "like this guy I know" and have a 50 year old back in a 23 year old body, unless you're a flight doc in which case his back feels great!

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I try to be helpful, and the typical Airwarrior Douche Bag criticize something like grammar and makes a stab at someone's personality without knowing anything about the person. Im done with this site.

:weeping_1...buh bye...

helo_wifey

A year later we still love our Tempurpedic (no sweating/heat issues...actually, no issues at all) and having relations on the bed works just like any other bed, I haven't noticed anything special about the Tempurpedic over a conventional bed.

Bolter

pilot
I dropped two grand on a mattress and here is my best advice... have a few drinks, go to the mattress place and lay down on as many beds as it takes until you find out which one is the most comfortable one to pass out on. Memory foam is too hot and too hard to have relations on. Despite the dineros that I dropped on this bed, I have no idea who made it or what it is called... all I know is that it is comfortable as a muthafucka.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I have wondered how tempurpedics rate in that category.

It is a VERY effective shock absorber, eliminating all force and offering NO recoil. Use your imagination. It's difficult.

/opens can of homoerotic jokes worms

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I dropped two grand on a mattress and here is my best advice... Despite the dineros that I dropped on this bed, I have no idea who made it or what it is called...

That helps a lot...:)