• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Master's degrees: Brick & Mortar vs. Internet

Pags

N/A
pilot
If you're getting the degree to "pay yourself", don't underestimate the value of a well known school. The Ivy League name on Mrs. Pags' resume has done more for her than anything else on that piece of paper. Personally, if I were to do it again, I would probably go for something that was worthwhile on the outside, since you never know where you're gonna end up, might as well get the twofer.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
But I earned my MS long before Al Gore invented the "internets."

Yes, Al Gore did bring a whole new dimension to learning through the internet. Would you expect anything less of the Nobel Peace Prize winner? :D

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
Back from the dead...

I start "class" on Monday. I will be "attending" the American Military University.

My MA will be in Intelligence Studies focusing on Terrorism. It's all on the taxpayer's dime too (thanks to my Fed job)!

Wish me luck!

Nafod

Change I can belive in
Can't believe I found this on line...

Or go the real easy route: http://www.instant-degrees.net/

Get a Doctorate Degree for what you already know!
» Without taking admission exams
»
Without attending class
»
Without taking tests
»
Without studying course books
»
Without paying a hefty fee

Then again....:confused::confused::confused:

It's only really worth anything as the paper liner to the cat litter box.

thats not a joke? i went through the ordering a degree process and stopped when then asked for 500 real dollars. i declined, but told them i would call some time.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
thats not a joke? i went through the ordering a degree process and stopped when then asked for 500 real dollars. i declined, but told them i would call some time.

Versus the cost of a real Masters, it is not too hefty a fee. ;)

BackOrdered

Contributor
I just want to see what the Degree, Certificate of Membership, Award of Excellence, Certificate of Distinction, Original Transcript, and Education Verification Letter says on them since the site won't let me blow them up to get a better look.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back from the dead...

I start "class" on Monday. I will be "attending" the American Military University.

My MA will be in Intelligence Studies focusing on Terrorism. It's all on the taxpayer's dime too (thanks to my Fed job)!

Wish me luck!
Stand by to read and write your ass off! Those classes are no joke.

helmet91

Roger that... An ensign on my team is 3/4 of the way through the program and told me the same exact thing! I'm ready to get back in the swing of things, it's been nearly five years since finishing undergrad. I need to catch up with my wife, she's half way done with her master's.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Can't believe I found this on line...

Or go the real easy route: http://www.instant-degrees.net/

Get a Doctorate Degree for what you already know!
» Without taking admission exams
»
Without attending class
»
Without taking tests
»
Without studying course books
»
Without paying a hefty fee

So you think i could get TA to pay for this? It'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than the program I'm applying to at UofW.

GRE, by the way, totally sucks...or maybe i'm just stupid.

helmet91

just finished my first class... with an A! Strategic Intelligence is next.

One step closer to trumping my horrendous undergrad GPA.

helmet91

Back from the dead...

I finished up the MA around this time last year.

I was quite satisfied with my AMU experience. My classmates (as well as instructors) came from a wide range of backgrounds which really added to the classes.

I have no idea if the new piece of paper on the wall will help down the road... Standby for an update post in a few more years. LOL

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
if you have a degree going into the Navy is the next step doctorate? Does the navy make you go back to school? I've heard in order to make 0-4 you need at least a master's and I've also heard some things about war college(don't know what this is) but have no clue what is required if you already have a master's

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
if you have a degree going into the Navy is the next step doctorate? Does the navy make you go back to school? I've heard in order to make 0-4 you need at least a master's and I've also heard some things about war college(don't know what this is) but have no clue what is required if you already have a master's
If you already have your Masters, the Navy will pay to send you to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

A masters is not required to make O-4. If you already have one, than it's just one less thing to worry about down the road.