• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Prowlers

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
you'll qual in the RAG, but when you deploy, it's an airbase.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyingFortress said:
Our Harrier boats labeled "aircraft carriers?"

No they are labeled "Amphibious Assault Ships" That is the whole reason we fly the Harrier so they travel with the Marines who will be going ashore the Harriers clean up what the Cobras leave behind they come loaded for bear, Im talking both bombs baby!(sorry Squeeze, well not really)

Physicx

Banned
Do the Prowlers deploy for six month like everybody else and what bases do they use.Is it hard to get assigned that out of flight school even though I heard Cherry Point isn't that great.

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
Physicx said:
Do the Prowlers deploy for six month like everybody else and what bases do they use.Is it hard to get assigned that out of flight school even though I heard Cherry Point isn't that great.

Let's recap/re-phrase: What % get prowlers? :dunce_125 :banghead_

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Mayday said:
Let's recap/re-phrase: What % get prowlers? :dunce_125 :banghead_

Anyone want to take a bet as to what Physicx next question will be? Should we start a pool?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
gregsivers said:
Anyone want to take a bet as to what Physicx next question will be? Should we start a pool?
I vote for: "Why haven't I taken my own life yet?"

Brett

Kolja

Git-r-done
Physicx said:
Do the Prowlers deploy for six month like everybody else and what bases do they use.

Fleet Prowlers cruise just like the rest of their air wing, typically six months though this has been known to change (and probably will continue to do so thanks to the Fleet Repsonse Plan).

Expeditionary and Marine Prowlers have generally deployed for 3-6 months. In the past it was mainly places like Incrilik, Turkey and Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi in addition to Iwakuni, Japan. These days, Expeditionary navy bubbas are hanging out in Bagram, Afghanistan and Marine Prowlers are based on the ground in Iraq (last I heard, anyway)

hendogg311

Yeah I forgot VMFA-115 and VMFA-122 still fly the A+ and A models. Anyone know how much different an "A+" is from a "C" model?

Status
Not open for further replies.