• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine pilots at the Pentagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PhatFarmer35 said:
Do you need a top secret secruity clearance to work at the Pentagon?
The majority of aviators will require TS or higher just to do their flying jobs.

Brett

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Brett327 said:
The majority of aviators will require TS or higher just to do their flying jobs.

Brett

Where in the world do you get that? Secret will get you by for just about any platform that doesn't involve electronic warfare. I've been flying for 7 years now, and have just recently been put up for a TS.

To back up a couple, whether or not you need TS would depend on your job. They also aren't going to care whether or not you did a FAC tour. The tour length will be what it will be.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
phrogdriver said:
I've been flying for 7 years now, and have just recently been put up for a TS.
You're such a Marine. I can't help it if you guys don't do anything important with your airplanes. I'm talking about the Navy. All the fast movers, AEW, MPA, VQ, some helos. Sounds like most to me.

Brett

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Also, for those of you who have worked at the Pentagon, in your opinion would you have enough time to get a graduate degree in your freetime either online or at a college in the Washington DC area?

Depends entirely on the billet you get. Some guys regularly work a 10-12 hour day, and spend 2 more commuting. You want to go to school at the end of that kind of day? Other guys get out of work at 3 every day and have a lot of time on their hands. In my office one guy is working on his MS in Aero Engineering and one other is applying for grad school. One nice thing about the area, a lot of schools.

TS clearance is billet dependent. Many do not require it but I cannot even get into my office without one.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Brett327 said:
You're such a Marine. I can't help it if you guys don't do anything important with your airplanes. I'm talking about the Navy. All the fast movers, AEW, MPA, VQ, some helos. Sounds like most to me.

Brett

Not to be a PITA, but the thread is "Marine Pilots at the Pentagon," so the terms of "most" should be in terms of the Marine Corps.

And there's nothing more important than taking Marines in and out of LZs! :icon_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.