• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine pilot lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBayDog

Brett327 said:
This topic gets so side tracked and it makes me insane. ;) It's not about who owns who, or who is better. It's about being a professional and not acting like a douche nozzle when talking about other services. I know this whole thing got started when young EM Xtreme decided to shoot his mouth off in an ignorant way. Friendly inter-service banter and rivalry is a good thing. Inter-service bashing is not. But hey, good times, right? ;)

Brett

Amen.

ucf_motorcycle

The first few posts answered my questions and I thank you. The other posts might as well be deleted. In any case I am proud to say that I got selected for Air Force OTS as a pilot candidate despite what I have been hearing about the air force downsizing and pilot slots being hard to get. I appreciate the information and feel that the air force is probably my better choice since flying is what I want to do. Being a rifleman would be a great honor but for me my ultimate goal is to be a pilot.
Thanks again.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Congradulations on your selection to the USAF. There are many, many people who weren't able make that cut, so good on you. I suggest that you train hard, kick ass, take names, and do your country proud. And all pissing contests aside, we're all on the same team here, so congrats again.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I think what the Corporal said way up at the top is a common viewpoint and thats fine... I am currently a Marine as well (albeit STILL a Lance Corporal) and agree that our "Espris De Corps" is EXTREMELY important to us Marines... the title is very meaningful. However, motorcycle was just asking some basic questions and the response seemed a little harsh given the context. I also think it isn't necessarily cool to bash the Navy... as stated before playful banter and ribbing is always fun, but when it goes past that its going too far. The Navy supports us, but WE also support the navy... its a two way system and I think that what Jeff29 said was out of character... its a TEAM and who, might I ask, is going to protect the Navy ships... talk to those marine security teams, or the on-board Quick Response Force... who would provide a boarding team, or provide counter-terrorist actions if an Aegis Cruiser was attacked... who covers the Corpsman out there and makes sure they are safe? Its the MARINES naturally. And naturally, they support us right back. Now I enjoy some playful ribbing just like the next guy... those Navy SPs always give me troube up at Fallbrook...I just think that its not so much that we are "Better".. we just serve a different role than the ARMY, USN, USAF etc... I view that role as more important and vital to combat operations... but they serve their role and serve their country as well. I will always view our Corps. as the most elite, movivated service out there... but there are motivators everywhere.

As far as the other aspects of what was said... thank you to the SNAs out there because they answered alot of personal questions I have... I ship off to OCS this July, wish me luck.

KBayDog

Best of luck, ucf - don't be a stranger to this board. BTW - are you one of those Knight-types?

Best of luck at OCS, inverted - remember, there is a wealth of knowledge about OCS on this board...

UORBulldog

First of all I have high respect for the Navy and the Marine Corps
but by the way
The Navy and the Marine Corps are both under the Department of the Navy, its not like the Navy owns the Marine Corps, they are sister organizations more than anything.

ucf_motorcycle

KBayDog said:
Best of luck, ucf - don't be a stranger to this board. BTW - are you one of those Knight-types?

Best of luck at OCS, inverted - remember, there is a wealth of knowledge about OCS on this board...

By not understanding your question, I guess I am not a knight type :confused:.

I did graduate from UCF and there mascot is a golden knight. Also I started a motorcycle club there called the knight riders but I dunno if thats what you were asking.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Well, I definitely agree that there is a wealth of knowledge about OCS here ... I shall remember this Kimo Sabe haauummmm .... Thanks again SNAs and Congrats UCF, best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.