• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine October OCC class 202.

brwheels28

ive done meps and have no waivers. my oso says he can contract me before flight phys and boards. the contract is conditional on those two things of course.

capitoljake13

Right, you can contract, but you couldn't actually get selected and/or go to OCC before you pass your flight physical so that it can be included in your packet, correct?

The PRK dilemma is that you can't pass your flight physical until your waiver clears.. the waiver can't be filed for six months after the operation. Hence, if some one can't submit a packet to the selection board for Air in time to get a spot...

And now I feel I've taken this thread far off topic...

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
Right, you can contract, but you couldn't actually get selected and/or go to OCC before you pass your flight physical so that it can be included in your packet, correct?

The PRK dilemma is that you can't pass your flight physical until your waiver clears.. the waiver can't be filed for six months after the operation. Hence, if some one can't submit a packet to the selection board for Air in time to get a spot...

And now I feel I've taken this thread far off topic...

Unless things have changed since I went through PLC and then subsequently worked at a selection station for a few months, you are correct. You can sign all the contracts you want, but without at least a MEPS physical, you aren't going to OCS. Your situation with the PRK waiver kinda blows, but it is what it is.....be persistent.

To the OP: contracting and being selected to go to OCS are not the same thing. Contracting may well be a motivating step on your journey, but you have to continue to jump through the hoops and complete your package before you will even be considered for selection for OCS.

brwheels28

Yes, thanks for the clarification. I did not intend to mean I was selected. I was merely stating that I have something in writing. What's the topic again?

bmyers91880

I have a question and I might be of some help with the Nami question as well. I was selected for 201 awaiting NAMI approval for a chest xray issue. Actually I got word that Nami ok'd it, but that district docs and NAMI are backed up 7 months? I don't think the OSO would steer me wrong, they seem honorable. I was a NFO select by the way. They said that it would clear up at OCS or TBS. I obviously didn't go to OCS due to my chest xray not being cleared up, as well as not wanting a ground contract. The seven month backlog he is talking about would have put me in a ground contract anyway. Now there is nothing wrong with ground whatsoever, however I am 28 and still clinging on to hope of serving in the air. Does any of this make any sense as far as NAMI goes? I am reapplying for 202, but since I was selected once and didn't go, the odds are against me. I do have a high PFT 275+ which could help out. I'd appreciate any feedback anyone may have. Thanks a lot.