• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine October OCC class 202.

CFItoNavlAv8r

Just got selected for Marine OCC class 202 in october. Going on a SNA contract, yet to sign it.

Im a civillian CFI, CFII, MEI, with about 575 hours. Meps next week, and sweating the colorvision tests. NAMI in July.

Anyone else going then?

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Just got selected for Marine OCC class 202 in october. Going on a SNA contract, yet to sign it.

Im a civillian CFI, CFII, MEI, with about 575 hours. Meps next week, and sweating the colorvision tests. NAMI in July.

Anyone else going then?

If you hold a current medical, you shouldn't sweat the colorvision tests too much.

Good luck to you tho! MEPs is fun... Oh, don't pee before you go to MEPs, you'll need it for later :D

CFItoNavlAv8r

hmm

Well... I busted the color tests... So looks like its infantry time.

This sucks because ive been passing the FALANT and Ishira plates for the past 4 years or so, and I just got another first class physical in the last two weeks.

Im thinking reserves and getting a shitty airline job.

Any suggestions?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well... I busted the color tests... So looks like its infantry time.

This sucks because ive been passing the FALANT and Ishira plates for the past 4 years or so, and I just got another first class physical in the last two weeks.

Im thinking reserves and getting a shitty airline job.

Any suggestions?

Ask for a retest. I think it's a self-fulfilling prophecy when dudes say they are nervous about X test. I see those guys post later about how they failed.

Get a retest. Go relax. Drink PLENTY of water and SLEEP! (this can be the difference between passing and failing!)

KW83

I'm sorry, how we're you selected for OCC 202 when you hadn't been to MEPS? You're not even supposed to run the PFT until after MEPS and you can't submit until you take your PFT (among many other things). I really am curious so please clarify.

jtmedli

pilot
I agree with the above...get a retest done. It does seem as if something is out of order here though, selection without a physical or PFT?

I'm going in October also. I'm waiting on my PRK to clear so hopefully there will still be a spot for me. I really don't wanna go in January or wait that long.

Gnar

Ya I am not cleared with MEPS yet to do my PFT, thus can not send my package yet. Did I miss something? How do you get selected with out being clear from MEPS yet?

CFItoNavlAv8r

KW83 and others: Im out of OSS Fairfax. Ive been PT'ing since Feb with a group from morgantown, set up by CAPT White. Ive prob had about 5 PFT's since then in addition to 3 a week PT sessions. Got a 9 on pilot apptitude from the ASTB.

You guys just need to make sure your in touch with your OSS and be as proactive as possible. Any other Q's just let me know.

I'm going to ask about a retake.

CFItoNavlAv8r

I'm sorry, how we're you selected for OCC 202 when you hadn't been to MEPS? You're not even supposed to run the PFT until after MEPS and you can't submit until you take your PFT (among many other things). I really am curious so please clarify.

Im assuming you work at a OSS?

FYI there are many PFT's (Pre-ship, progress style ones, etc.).

Dont call me out on lying when you dont know what youre talking about.

jtmedli

pilot
Im assuming you work at a OSS?

FYI there are many PFT's (Pre-ship, progress style ones, etc.).

Dont call me out on lying when you dont know what youre talking about.

Take it easy man...he wasn't calling you a lier, just wanted to know how you got around the physical stuff which I'm sure we all have issues with at one point or another.

KW83

Wow, its been a few days since I've looked at this thread...should have used email notifications. Well, I have contracted as well and did everything a certain way and was under the impression that there is a standard way of doing things. Yes I know about the several reasons for taking a PFT but I asked for clarification not for myself but the other potential candidates reading this post. No, I am not calling you a liar. But here's the deal: You do not get selected without signing a contract and completing your package. Is there anyone else that can prove me incorrect on this (I am serious)? I honestly do think you may have gotten a little ahead of yourself. The OSO and their office can tell you that you are going to OCS all they want but you aren't going unless a board of officers convenes and says that you are going (aka, selected). I and others (I'm sure) are curious about what you stated about getting selected because we are hoping to hear the same thing in the next few weeks. All I asked for is clarification.

brwheels28

Received my contract for OCC 202 Oct. today. Reading through it all and will probably sign next week. Pumped about it, still need to bring my pft up though. I get all nervous and dont pace myself on crunches and the running. Its killing my score. 255 right now and thats with only 75 situps. Hope yall are well.

Romez

I too am shooting for OCC in October however my OSO was not able to schedule me until the end of July with NAMI (and he said he was lucky to get that date). He said unless NAMI clears me within the month of August (which he said is highly unlikely) then I may not be eligible for the boards to get into the October class.

Any thoughts or knowledge on NAMI's timeframe?

capitoljake13

I've been under the impression that you can't even contract without taking/passing your flight physical, let alone a MEPS... let alone submit a packet and get SELECTED.

Can you really contract without even proving your vision, etc.? I'm debating all types of plans to make the Jan OCC while I wait on my PRK waiver... including signing a ground contract then changing to air if/when my waiver clears.

jtmedli

pilot
I've been under the impression that you can't even contract without taking/passing your flight physical, let alone a MEPS... let alone submit a packet and get SELECTED.

Can you really contract without even proving your vision, etc.? I'm debating all types of plans to make the Jan OCC while I wait on my PRK waiver... including signing a ground contract then changing to air if/when my waiver clears.

My OSO told me that it was very hard for OCC guys to pull the switch. Much harder than for a PLC anyways.