• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine OCS Preparation

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
So during the CRT and Combat Course do you just run with camelbaks, or do you also have canteens to rub the skin off your hips?

Lawman

None
So during the CRT and Combat Course do you just run with camelbaks, or do you also have canteens to rub the skin off your hips?

I never saw them doing anything without both. We had the lovely canteens with bad seals so after events like the IMC or Combat Course you drank at your own peril. Couple guys in my platoon got really sick after the IMC because they didnt think anything of drinking it afterward.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor

no the only events that we use the camelbaks on were the humps and SULE 1 and 2. We took them a lot of places but always grounded them. At first they said that we're only going to use them like 5 times (I'm guessing for those few events) but then I guess someone suggested why not carry them around during the day. We only really started using them daily or almost daily the last few weeks when the temp got really bad.

Slammer2

Contributor
I never saw them doing anything without both. We had the lovely canteens with bad seals so after events like the IMC or Combat Course you drank at your own peril. Couple guys in my platoon got really sick after the IMC because they didnt think anything of drinking it afterward.

I only braved that a few times. Was always afraid that I'd die of dysentary or something.

GtRichrFlyTryin

What exactly did yall have to carry around in those molle packs that made them so much more heavier? As far as I remember from our 12 Miler w/ the Alice Packs we had those things loaded up...I wasn't upset about the weight of my pack, just the frame digging into my canteens and not being able to drink on the move, as well as the frame digging into my back....

Todd022

Weather question...you think 193 will get much snow? What's the temps like from early Oct through Mid Dec.?

pass-thru

Weather question...you think 193 will get much snow? What's the temps like from early Oct through Mid Dec.?

Very unlikely.....growing up in the mountains of VA very rarely did it accumulate before late Decemeber. But possible.....one year we got quite a bit at Thanksgiving.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Yeah...I imagine the Quigley will be nice and chilly. Dammit, I hate cold water. :(

Lawman

None
Yeah...I imagine the Quigley will be nice and chilly. Dammit, I hate cold water. :(

Not at OCS you dont. Believe me getting in the Quigley is great because it cools you off and gives you the closest thing to a chance to catch your breath. Just hope it doesnt get bottlenecked (oh and it will) when you do Intro to the combat course because then you'll be sitting there for a few waiting.

Slammer2

Contributor
Not at OCS you dont. Believe me getting in the Quigley is great because it cools you off and gives you the closest thing to a chance to catch your breath. Just hope it doesnt get bottlenecked (oh and it will) when you do Intro to the combat course because then you'll be sitting there for a few waiting.

Anyone else get yelled at by the Col. during one of those bottlenecks on the E-course? Quigley is probably the best part of the e-course cuz it cools you off. Almost broke my damn legs jumping in there the first time though. Totally thought that water was a lot deeper jumping off those logs. It was like 4 inches deep. Fun times...

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
"How cold does it get? Put it this way. You ever spooned with another man to stay warm at night? You will..."

Ah, the parts they DON'T show on the recruiting videos.

My OSO didn't tell me about this?!?