• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine OCS Liberty

jpmatta16

That was exactly my question- thank you. I was confused because he checked in on Thursday Oct. 1 and I was thinking that counted as a week. So he will probably not get libo until Oct. 31. That makes sense. Was your wife able to visit you often? Did you have platoon duty alot or were you ever not allowed to go on libo? I write him everyday, sometimes twice a day and I pray that it helps him get through it. I can't imagine what he is going through. He was prior enlisted and sometimes I wonder why he would want to put himself through that again. I worry that they are harder on priors but maybe not...I support him all the way, especially if that is what makes him happy. Just a quick question...have you received your TBS orders and is your family going to accompany you. Sorry for all the questions but I appreciate your insight.
Oh and to correct you on that he will probably get liberty this weekend because is his fourth weekend there and the end of week 3

labella7020

Oh and to correct you on that he will probably get liberty this weekend because is his fourth weekend there and the end of week 3

Thanks again for all of the information. I had already made reservations for this coming weekend and I'm afraid to cancel them but I also don't want to drive six hours (being 7 months pregnant) and not be able to see him so I'm just debating on what to do. Thats good that your wife and son were able to see you three times. I'm hoping I'll receive a letter that clarifies what will happen for liberty. My goal was to go every two weeks so I'm hoping that it all works out. My husband is direct commission so he will probably get his orders after OCS. I will not be accomanying him due to us having a house, a newborn and my job... so that will be an even harder transition but it will all work out. Thanks again for the help and I wish you and your family well and I wish you luck on the rest of your education and your career in the Marine Corp.

b0pric01

pilot
Damn, sounds like they were easy on you guys (jpmatta16). Hopefully they're easy on your husband, too.

jpmatta16

Thanks again for all of the information. I had already made reservations for this coming weekend and I'm afraid to cancel them but I also don't want to drive six hours (being 7 months pregnant) and not be able to see him so I'm just debating on what to do. Thats good that your wife and son were able to see you three times. I'm hoping I'll receive a letter that clarifies what will happen for liberty. My goal was to go every two weeks so I'm hoping that it all works out. My husband is direct commission so he will probably get his orders after OCS. I will not be accomanying him due to us having a house, a newborn and my job... so that will be an even harder transition but it will all work out. Thanks again for the help and I wish you and your family well and I wish you luck on the rest of your education and your career in the Marine Corp.

You will be able to see him even if he has duty PLT. if he has duty PLT on sat then you can be with him on base, but you will have to stay at the hotel on your own and then on sunday he will be able to go out of base after 0800. If he has duty on sunday then he can stay at the hotel with you and he has to be at the base at 0800 and then after that if he does not have fire watch or whatever then he can be on base with you.

They werent easy on us is just we worked it out with the guys on Batallion probation...( I mean they could not Browne field ) so why not do that... and we normally pay for their pizza or something like that.

labella7020

You will be able to see him even if he has duty PLT. if he has duty PLT on sat then you can be with him on base, but you will have to stay at the hotel on your own and then on sunday he will be able to go out of base after 0800. If he has duty on sunday then he can stay at the hotel with you and he has to be at the base at 0800 and then after that if he does not have fire watch or whatever then he can be on base with you.

They werent easy on us is just we worked it out with the guys on Batallion probation...( I mean they could not Browne field ) so why not do that... and we normally pay for their pizza or something like that.

Got a letter today saying that he will be on liberty saturday...just doesn't know what time so it looks like I will be on my way! Had to get a motel in town because the base motel was full when I called a couple weeks ago...I hope he can stay with me...and hopefully he won't have duty but even if he does I'm just thankful I get to see him.

b0pric01

pilot
I'm just saying, our staff wouldn't allow us to change who has firewatch at what times, or anything like that. Sometimes they made it where we had firewatch intervals of 1/2-1 hour instead of 2 hours. Hopefully, for your sake, he will be able to make a deal with others in his platoon.

In my case, if anyone was caught on firewatch for someone else, things were about to get really ugly for the entire platoon.

edit: Also, just so you know, I didn't get to see my girlfriend of 6 years at any point of OCS until graduation. I think this was better for our relationship, personally, because I realized that I took her for granted a bit. Just saying.

alpineskier

gear up, Newspaper, your airplane
pilot
Same here,

Im at Navy OCS, and graduating very soon, but I have yet to see my girlfriend of 5.5 years in the past 3 months and I agree with the above, it really puts things into perspective. She may not be the best cook, but I cannot wait to have that over Ney Hall Creole' mac&Cheese. (thats not the only reason I miss her) That stuff is horrible. This week when I get to see her it will definetly be a hell of a feeling.