• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Littoral Regiment Anti-air Bn

Llarry

Been reading up on the MLR concept. It sounds interesting but one thing I can't figure out is the AAW Bn is responsible for air defense but with what weapon(s)? Given the concept, something with pretty good capability, including decent range, would be desirable. I'm not aware of anything currently in the inventory that sounds like it would do the trick. Certainly Stinger wouldn't. Anyone care to comment?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Asking oddly specific, yet oddly random questions about how US forces defend themselves. It may be innocent, but objectively speaking, it also might not be.

This isn't the first time this type of post has come from you, who have apparently been a member of this forum for a decade with very few posts, only asking oddly specific questions like this. I would encourage some self-reflection on that, and keep in mind the perspective of others, and how they might view that kind of behavior.

It's a good reminder for the rest of us too, that we don't know who is lurking around here for intel. Be careful what you post.

Last edited:

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Been reading up on the MLR concept. It sounds interesting but one thing I can't figure out is the AAW Bn is responsible for air defense but with what weapon(s)? Given the concept, something with pretty good capability, including decent range, would be desirable. I'm not aware of anything currently in the inventory that sounds like it would do the trick. Certainly Stinger wouldn't. Anyone care to comment?
You're worried about the wrong things. You should really be asking about the laser shark program. Here's a very classified photo:

sharklaser.jpg

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
1679918515336.gif

robav8r

None
Contributor
Llarry, please protect the information i'm about to share with you very closely. Several on this site may choose to ban me over this. I hope this helps answer your questions & inquiry into the Marine's future MLR plans:

EM-50.jpeg

Llarry

Here's a photo of an unsuspecting random Yankee air force (or something) officer I got off the internet to plove I am not Chinese.LCdr Cauble Nov94.jpg

Llarry

Sharks with lasers! Brilliant! (scribbles furiously in little notebook) I will get big promotion for this!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I can’t say too much, but I will say this… There's a great future in plastics. Think about it. Will you think about it?