• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Humour

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Personally, I really like the Navy-Marine Corps dynamic - as I see it, we'll make fun of each other, but we won't let anyone else do it. It's a brotherly thing. So I might make a comment about Marines being illiterate and a Marine might make a comment about the Navy consuming too many donuts, but we won't let an Air Force or Army guy do the same. And of course, it's all in fun and based on meaningless stereotypes at most. Because at the end of the day, everyone knows the United States Marine Corps is the finest fighting force the world has ever seen.

All that said...shit talking needs to stick pretty close to one's paygrade, I think, so I try to avoid doing much of it in a setting such as AW. A similar policy would probably serve other wannabes and O-1s well.

Reconjoe

Personally, I really like the Navy-Marine Corps dynamic - as I see it, we'll make fun of each other, but we won't let anyone else do it. It's a brotherly thing. So I might make a comment about Marines being illiterate and a Marine might make a comment about the Navy consuming too many donuts, but we won't let an Air Force or Army guy do the same. And of course, it's all in fun and based on meaningless stereotypes at most. Because at the end of the day, everyone knows the United States Marine Corps is the finest fighting force the world has ever seen.

All that said...shit talking needs to stick pretty close to one's paygrade, I think, so I try to avoid doing much of it in a setting such as AW. A similar policy would probably serve other wannabes and O-1s well.

Period, Amen

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'll make a SEAL joke to my best friend and he'll make a Jarhead joke. And no, our feelings don't get hurt.
You didn't make a joke about the Navy, you just outright bashed the Navy. You don't have the experience nor the senority to even attempt that.

BTW it's Sailor, just like it's Marine. Just more of your inexperience showing.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Quoted out of context from FENIAN's profile but it says it all

"I'm a bookworm... I was a Corporal in the Reserves, which pretty much means nothing... I graduated college after 8 years... (worthless)...(...but still worthless)...(worthless with an attitude). There's a fine line between motivated and retarded.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
From another thread of similar subject matter:

"You know, for a supposed Military Officer, I question your professionalism and your character as a gentleman. Not to be taken the wrong way, but as an officer you are expected to act in a certain fashion amongst enlisted and other officers. That is why Article 133 is in the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. When involving yourself in inter-service rivalry, it is the professionalism of an individual toward his other-service counterpart that will aid in the prevalence of his or her argument. Using harsh words or insulting the opposition will not get you very far. This goes ESPECIALLY when you act this way amongst a group of MARINE OFFICERS with a few that have been prior enlisted. We assume actions to be unlike that of an officer and treat said individual as if they were never commissioned. Thus, Article 92 need never apply according to the principles previously stated.
Kill."

As much as I agree this individual has no place in this forum, it would have been more gratifying if he (or she) would have left under their own circumstances (i.e. defeat or restless self hate) and not be banned.

Who was it, ah yes, Bullet-Tooth Tony - "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"

bullet-tooth-tony.jpg

phrogpilot73

To us, the word Navy is in and of itself, a joke.
Who is this "us" you speak of? I hope you don't think you can speak for the whole Marine Corps. There are a lot of jokes I can make about the Navy (too many donuts, Chiefs running their PRT with a cup of coffee and a cigarette, the fact that 100 men go down and 50 couples come up...) but the Navy in and of itself is not a joke.

I just had lunch with a Chief that's got more time in combat then you do. Slow your roll...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Since all these jokes are old, thought I'd contribute 2 I've always liked...

One member of each service was selected to interview for a spot in an elite CIA paramilitary unit.

They were all waiting in a reception area and were called in one by one for the interview. The USAF STS team leader went in. His wife was sitting, tied to a chair. The interviewer handed him a pistol and told him, "We need unconditional dedication to the mission. Your mission is to shoot your wife in the head." The airman said "I love her too much! You're sick!" and ran crying from the room.

The Navy SEAL went in. His wife was bound, and the CIA interviewer handed him a pistol and told him to shoot his wife. He looked at it for a second, hands shaking, then put it back down on the deck and left.

An Army Delta Force commando went in. He took the pistol, racked the slide, put his finger on the trigger, but then put it down and hugged his wife.

Lasty, the Recon Marine went in. From outside, the receptionist heard "BANG, BANG!" followed by the most horrible screaming and banging around. Some minutes later, the Marine emerged, looking like hell.

"What happened?" said the receptionist.

"Damn gun had blanks in it. I had to strangle the dumb b!tch myself!" said the Marine.

A hard-charging NCO dies in battle. He hasn't lived a virtuous life, so St. Peter sends him straight to hell. He's bummed out, so he's sent to one of hell's counselors.

The counselor tells him, "Hell's really not that bad. You like drinking?"

The NCO says,"I'm a Marine, of course I like drinking!"

"Well, on Mondays, after we get done in the lake of fire, it's all-you-can-drink night. Johnny Walker Blue Label, the best brews, the finest wines, whatever you want. ANd we can all drive back drunk...'cause we're already dead! Say...you like smoking?"

The Marine says,"I loved a good cigar."

"Well, Tuesday nights, the smoking lamp is lighted, and we break out the best Cubans. And who cares about cancer...we're dead! You like gambling?"

"Damn straight. I went to Vegas every time I went to CAX."

"Wednesdays we have gambling night. Texas hold-em, Blackjack, everything. And if you go broke, what'll they do to ya...send you to hell? How about fighting?"

The Marine says,"I loved a good brawl when I was in the Corps."

"Thursdays it's like UFC around here. Bare-knuckle boxing, wrestling, whatever. And if you get hurt--who cares? You're dead"

"Sounds great," said the Marine.

"Say...are you gay, by chance"

"Of course not," said the Marine,"I'm a US Marine, for crissakes."

"Well, you're not gonna like Fridays..."

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
My personal favorite:

Every second lieutenant acquires embarrassing memories when he wears gold bars; it seems to come with the job.

The first time the Air Force sent me on temporary duty by myself, I experienced probably the most embarrassing moment in my life, which I tell here in hopes that other butter bars out there won't make the same mistake.

I was traveling from Wright-Patterson AFB OH to Vandenberg AFB CA one spring, and the flight scheduled me for a two-hour layover in the St. Louis MO airport. I decided to hit the snack bar and bought a cup of coffee, a package of Oreos and a newspaper. After giving the cashier the nine bucks or so these items cost, I scanned the crowded sitting area for a place to relax. The lounge was crowded, but there appeared to be a spot across from a fellow in a military uniform of some sort.

"Great!" I thought, "another soldier. Maybe he can tell me about life in the forces."

With my coffee on the right side of the table, my newspaper on the left and my Oreos in the center, I sat down before I took my first close look at the man opposite me. He was a Marine corps brigadier general; a mean-looking man with no hair, an honest-to-God scar on his forehead and about six rows of ribbons, including the Silver Star with a cluster. To me, the general had horns, fangs, a pitchfork and a long, pointed tail as well.

I was already committed to using the table, but not wanting to bother the general, I meekly squeaked out, "Good morning, sir," before sitting down.

I had begun the paper's crossword puzzle and was making good progress when I heard a peculiar rustling sound, much like the crinkling of cellophane. I looked up out of the corner of my eye to discover the general had reached across the center of the table, opened the package of Oreos, taken out one and was eating it. Now, not having attended the Air Force Academy, I was not familiar with how to deal with the finer points of military etiquette, such as what to do when a senior member of another service calmly rips off one of your cookies. Several responses came to mind, but none of these seemed entirely appropriate.

I realized that the honor of the Air Force was, in a small way, at stake here. I certainly couldn't let the general think I was a complete weenie. Besides, at airport prices, one Oreo is a significant fraction of take home pay for a second lieutenant. The only response I could make was to reach across the center of the table, open the opposite end of the package (trying not to notice that the other end had mysteriously come open somehow), extract an Oreo and eat it very, very thoroughly.

"There," I thought, "I've subtly shown the general that these are my Oreos, and he should go buy his own"

Marines are known for many qualities, but subtlety is not among them. The general calmly reached out for another Oreo and ate it. (By the way, the general was licking the middles out first before eating the cookies.) Not having said anything the first time, of course, I couldn't bring it up now.

The only thing to do was to take another cookie for myself. We wound up alternating through the entire package. For an instant our eyes met, and there was palpable tension in the air, but neither of us said a word.

After I had finished the last Oreo, they announced something over the public address system. The general got up, put his papers back into his briefcase, picked up the now empty wrapper, threw it away, brushed the few crumbs neatly off the table and left. I sat there marveling at his gall and feeling very foolish.

A few minutes later, they announced my flight. I felt a great deal more foolish when I finished my coffee, threw the cup away and lifted my newspaper to reveal ... my Oreos!

Today, two of us are running around the Armed Forces telling the same story, but only one of us has the punch line. And general, if you are reading this, get in touch with me and I will be glad to send you a case of Oreos.

Anthony J.(Tony) Gagliano, Sr.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
^^^That story is also in "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish" by Douglas Adams, part of the "Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy" series. Only it was two Englishmen with boxes of "biscuits."

phrogpilot73

This is one of my personal favorites:

One evening, the USMC Commandant, the CNO, Chief of staff of the Army and the Air Force were having Dinner discussing different Defense issues, old war stories, etc. And somehow the topic of bravery came up, each service claiming that that it had the bravest men, the issue was discussed for hours until it was finally agreed that the only way to truly find out a serviceman's courage was to test 1 of each branch.

And thus the next day, the Service Chiefs headed out to one of the local bases, first went the Chief of staff of the Army, saying," My service has the bravest man," the General yelled to a Pvt. "Private, catch this Grenade!!" The General pulled the pin on the Grenade, tossed it to the Private, the Private thus caught the Grenade, but lost a Limb in the explosion. "Thats a brave man" said the General.

Next came the Commandant of the Marines, "I have the Bravest man" he then instructed a nearby PFC to stop an Amtrack, the PFC succeeded, but was run over. "Thats a Brave man for Ya" commented the General.

And then was the Air Force, "Gentleman I give to you the bravest man, the General stepped aside, behind him about 100 yards away stood a Staff Sergeant with his arms out seeming ready to catch something, about 10 seconds later a bomb was dropped from an f-15, the Sergeant caught the bomb, but was incinerated by it's blast, "That was a brave man Gentleman.", said the General.

Finally the CNO stood from his chair and said, "I will now show you the bravest man and settle this once and for all. The Admiral pointed to a Seaman on the look-out deck of a ship docked in a nearby port and handed each of the generals a pair of binoculars, he then held up a hand held radio, and said "Seaman, come in."

"Yes Sir" replied a quivering voice.

"Seaman, I want you to jump off that ship into the water, touch the bottom of the ocean, and come back to the surface, unharmed and alive" said the Admiral.

A few seconds past and then the seaman replied as he laughed, "FUCK YOU SIR!!"

The Admiral turned to the Generals and said, "That....is a brave man"

Lawman

None
I just gotta love the one Warrant in my class.

"I was a Marine... I was a Marine..." throws that out every chance he gets.

Ask him if he wishes he was still a Marine and his responce is always "Fuck no Im gonna fly Apaches!"

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Another oldie but goodie...

A Sailor in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, ''Wanna hear a Marine joke?''

The guy replies, ''Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs, and I'm a Marine. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2'' tall, weighs 225, and he's a Marine. The fella next to him is 6'5'' tall, weighs 250, and he's also a Marine. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?''

The Sailor says, ''Nah, I don't want to have to explain it three times.''

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
How does a Navy Chief prep for an inspection?
He puts on his uniform and eats doughnuts until all the wrinkles are gone.