• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine flight suit regulations?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Yeah. Instead, wear the official SNA Riviera Liberty Uniform: Sneakers, khaki cargo shorts, untucked collared shirt (without an undershirt if you're feeling super-casual), dog tags, and aviator sunglasses.

Seriously, stop wearing that stuff out in town - you look ridiculous.

Aside from the dog tags and aviator shades, this is exactly how I am dressed right now (as usual).

Is that bad? Not that I give two shits about clothes.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
At least I'm not wearing (nor do I own) jorts, a braided belt and Tevas. I thought that was the (alleged) field grade liberty uniform.

KBayDog

At least I'm not wearing (nor do I own) jorts, a braided belt and Tevas. I thought that was the (alleged) field grade liberty uniform.

No joke - saw someone dressed like that downtown two weeks ago. He was even wearing SOCKS with his Tevas. Needless to say, his only companion was an similarly-clad male individual (sans socks with his Tevas).

MasterBates

Monday is the first work day with black shirts for us.

Choices:
Iron Maiden, Somewhere Back in Time
Iron Maiden, Piece of Mind,
Iron Maiden, Powerslave
Iron Maiden, Somewhere in Time
Judas Priest, Painkiller
Judas Priest, TURBO
Judas Priest, Defenders of the Faith
Motorhead, Orgasmotron
Motorhead, Motorizer
Motorhead, 1916
Metallica, Kill em All
Metallica, Master of Puppets
Metallica, Ride the Lightning
Manowar
"Want change? OZZY FOR PRESIDENT"

Choices. I have them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

KBayDog

Choices:
Iron Maiden, Somewhere Back in Time
Iron Maiden, Piece of Mind,
Iron Maiden, Powerslave
Iron Maiden, Somewhere in Time
Judas Priest, Painkiller
Judas Priest, TURBO
Judas Priest, Defenders of the Faith
Motorhead, Orgasmotron
Motorhead, Motorizer
Motorhead, 1916
Metallica, Kill em All
Metallica, Master of Puppets
Metallica, Ride the Lightning
Manowar
"Want change? OZZY FOR PRESIDENT"

Choices. I have them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Dude - You'll never have to do laundry again!

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
If you're wearing sneakers with shorts to a bar, just go ahead and kill yourself for the betterment of man kind.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
...Don't wear it out in town and you won't get hassled. Would you all stop wanking about your flightsuits?
(been boozing all day at the airshow)

so lets say I'm driving up the 15 on my way home from work one afternoon after hanging with some squadron bros... still in my flight suit and I have to take a shit. A serious no-shit shit (likely caused by a JO spiking the hinge drinks with crushed laxatives) so I'm forced to pull over to clone a MAWTS guy so I don't do it in my car. I pull my patches off my flight suit and run into an In-N-Out shitter wearing my flight suit that's "sanitized". Can some moto-jarhead give me shit for wearing my flight suit out in town, even though it's "sanitized"? I think not...I don't have my rank, unit or USMC anywhere on it...it's just a plain flight suit. What says you?

S/F

jtmedli

pilot

so lets say I'm driving up the 15 on my way home from work one afternoon after hanging with some squadron bros... still in my flight suit and I have to take a shit. A serious no-shit shit (likely caused by a JO spiking the hinge drinks with crushed laxatives) so I'm forced to pull over to clone a MAWTS guy so I don't do it in my car. I pull my patches off my flight suit and run into an In-N-Out shitter wearing my flight suit that's "sanitized". Can some moto-jarhead give me shit for wearing my flight suit out in town, even though it's "sanitized"? I think not...I don't have my rank, unit or USMC anywhere on it...it's just a plain flight suit. What says you?

S/F

This sounds too good to be true. Besides, that sounds like a brief and appropriate stop to me.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

S/F

I don't think sanitizing it really makes a difference. If it's a legitimate medical emergency crap, then you gotta do what you gotta do. Someone might give you some static, but at least you didn't poop in your car.

That's the thing. There are times when one can push the boundaries, but don't get your panties in a bunch if someone corrects you. Have a good reason, e.g. car running dry, colon running over, and most people will understand. Just making a stop in the bag because it's more convenient to you, e.g. Home Depot, and you really don't have a leg to stand on.

KBayDog

SynixMan said:
If you're wearing sneakers with shorts to a bar, just go ahead and kill yourself for the betterment of man kind.

I like the way you think.

BackToSchool215.jpeg

A serious no-shit shit (likely caused by a JO spiking the hinge drinks with crushed laxatives) so I'm forced to pull over to clone a MAWTS guy so I don't do it in my car. I pull my patches off my flight suit and run into an In-N-Out shitter wearing my flight suit that's "sanitized"

1. Good job, JOs.
2. +1 for the MAWTS/Mr Hankie comparison.
3. Don't "sanitize" your flight suit. Simply swap out your Yut Yut Swag for a zany VFA-666 patch and a coloful, embroidered nametag (with appropriate phony cross-country name, of course). Since nobody on active duty can ever figure out the flight suit regs du jour, John Q. Public (or, more likely, Chesty M. Motard) will be so enamored by the colorful VFA patch and LCDR Craven Morehead nametag that they won't notice the tan flight suit...or green t-shirt...or lack of shoulder rank...or dog tags...or non-force protection-friendly haircut... This technique will also buy you the time required to order a Double-Double and chocolate shake to go.

MasterBates

No joke.. Three or four times while in Corpus/Krock, I ended up bringing gas to Marines who did not have quite enough gas to make it to the on base gas station, or home to change because you could not buy diesel on base.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot

Choices:
(an enviable wardrobe)

If I had to put them in order for the first few days, I'd say

Number of the Beast (not on your list, I know)
Defenders
Puppets/Powerslave (both different but both great, too close to call)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
No joke.. Three or four times while in Corpus/Krock, I ended up bringing gas to Marines who did not have quite enough gas to make it to the on base gas station, or home to change because you could not buy diesel on base.

Then they're just stupid. Has nothing to do with flight suits.