• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine F/A-18 Mishap 12-8-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrogpilot73

Best thing I heard on FoxNews yesterday when it was breaking news: "Air Corps Station" I guess the AF should be notified that they've been re-assimilated...

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
They do an awful lot of speculating over there.

They have the right to do what they want on their site. The airWarriors webmaster (and site owner) is very clear on his policy for mishap threads. The mods all agree with this and very much support the investigative process. Besides, would you want your mom, dad or wife to find out details of a mishap you were in from an Internet forum? What if they found disparaging speculation that wasn't true on a site? We don't want that our backs.

hornsfan

happy to be here
pilot
So, how does this work for those that had losses/damages?

Follow-up question: Is the any way the pilot could be held personally liable for this type of situation? What if there was just property damage but no one was killed?

Thoughts and prayers with the family of those who died, and with the pilot. Thats a tough thing to live with.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
The airWarriors webmaster (and site owner) is very clear on his policy for mishap threads. The mods all agree with this and very much support the investigative process.

I wasn't meaning to imply that I disagreed with AW's policy. I was just noting that Baseops seems to do things differently, and pointing out that we might not want a link to the kind of mindless speculation that we try to avoid here.

Bevo16

pilot
.....pointing out that we might not want a link to the kind of mindless speculation that we try to avoid here.

That pretty much eliminates all links from cnn.com, the New York Times, and 90% of the rest of the main stream media.

Back to the college football thread... ;)

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Follow-up question: Is the any way the pilot could be held personally liable for this type of situation? What if there was just property damage but no one was killed?

It won't stop some blood sucking ambulance chasing lawyer from trying.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Some of the comments in the San Diego Tribue are simply disturbing. Disturbing in that there are so many ignorant people out there. Not surprising though. Even some comments on the non-military/aviation websites are disturbing. Again though, not surprising.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Some of the comments in the San Diego Tribue are simply disturbing. Disturbing in that there are so many ignorant people out there. Not surprising though. Even some comments on the non-military/aviation websites are disturbing. Again though, not surprising.

Saving myself the blood pressure spike by not reading them.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wasn't meaning to imply that I disagreed with AW's policy. I was just noting that Baseops seems to do things differently, and pointing out that we might not want a link to the kind of mindless speculation that we try to avoid here.

No worries, your post just opened the opportunity to reiterate the AW policy for those who don't seem to get it. This is what, the 4th thread on the subject? The previous ones were all closed for going too far.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

When I read the San Diego Tribune article last night, they had 38 pages of comments. Now they only have 2. I guess they decided it got out of hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.