• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine F/A-18 Mishap 12-8-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That idiot is Duncan Hunter, the senior Republican on the House Armed Services Committee. And, he is asking for the all the maintenace records on all FA-18D Hornets.

I agree, give him hard copy of everything on all D's all the way back to acceptance. That should shut him up.

I was under the impression that Duncan Hunter was a BIG supporter of the military. Is this not so? It wouldn't seem that he would be one to go after the military negatively.

Bevo16

pilot
There are more auto accident on route I-5 than there are aircraft related accidents in the state of CA.

No kidding. They should be a lot more concerned with the thousands of unliscenced and uninsured drivers coming over the border every day from TJ. That is an area that they can actually do something about.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
I know I shouldn't do it, but I read some of the comments at the bottom of some of these news articles and a few just make me so angry. My favorite is the little cubicle dwelling nobodies that have the audacity to suggest that the pilot was a coward for not riding it into the ground. One particularly stupid woman commented that chivalry is obviously dead because the pilot ejected. So this would have been less of a tragedy if there were 5 dead instead of 4? The general availability and relative anonymity of the internet continues to give rise to the voices of morons. If only we got to serve in the defense of only those who deserved it....

(I know that isn't how it works, and I don't actually wish it was that way, it was hyperbole to make a point)

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
I was under the impression that Duncan Hunter was a BIG supporter of the military. Is this not so? It wouldn't seem that he would be one to go after the military negatively.

Yes, but he has to pander to the idiots in his constituency who vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.