• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine F-35 Down

exNavyOffRec

This has a good picture of the C-130, it looks as if the C-130 was just placed right in the field. In the picture the right outboard engine looks a bit different than the others.

When they decide to move this thing, how would that typically be done?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
This has a good picture of the C-130, it looks as if the C-130 was just placed right in the field. In the picture the right outboard engine looks a bit different than the others.

When they decide to move this thing, how would that typically be done?

If I was to guess, a big-ass crane, pull the wings and engines off somehow, and then put everything on huge flatbeds.

The Marines have an ‘off-road’ aircraft recovery capability I’ve seen used with helos but for an aircraft this size, who knows?

And yeah, in that picture both outboard engines on each wing look funky. The right outboard looks trashed.

Interestingly, that very plane was on deck here in England for about a week not but 3-4 weeks ago.

Edit Looked at the picture again, can’t see any prop blades at all on the right wing. That’s nuts.

Last edited:

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Good work by everybody, could have easily been a repeat tragedy. That poor Herky is going to be a write off.
I don't think its going to fly out of that field in that condition.

VMO4

Is there a particular NATOPS page for that , or it is just "get this bastard on the ground"? That is quite a mangled bird to all walk away from.