• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine car clubs at Quantico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malice 1

pilot
I know they're out there, I just don't know how to find them. Are there a lot of hot rods in the parking lot at TBS?

I was at a car show tonite on rt 123 in woodbridge. There were a lot of nice cars with Quantico DoD stickers on the windshield. I know these guys have a club. There was a 2003 Ferrarri 360 modena with a red DoD sticker. I was shocked. Where did he get $170K from? It wasn't from military pay.

All the cars had red stickers. I was bummed about that. I'm willing to bet that I would be asking for trouble if I went hot rodding around with a pack of enlisted Marines, considering I am a 2LT now.

USMCRugger

I'm sure that I'll get thrashed on this board for saying this, but as an enlisted Marine (NCO) I do "hang out" with some officers while off duty time. To be more specific, I play rugby and the majority of my fellow ruggers are officers ( including my CO). While at work we are professional, but on the field and at the pub we're ruggers. Some enlisted Marines cant handle this form of relationship!! It does exist and it is possible.

motv8r

Where do I sign up?
malice,

there are huge f-body clubs in VA and DC. do some searches on the f-body forums and i am sure you will find the right crowd. i was stationed in DC a couple of years ago and one my Marines had a formula firebird. he always rolled out each weekend 10-15 camaro and firebirds deep. it was quite impressive. almost made me want to go and buy an old camaro.

Marines love cars and speed. you should already know that. who cares if their enlisted. they are Marines who also share the same interest. i don't want to get into the "fraternization" subject. any wise Marine will tell you fraternization is in the eye of the beholder. i was commissioned from the ranks and i will never hesitate to drink a beer and tell story with an enlisted Marine.

Malice 1

pilot
Thanks for the response, guys.

I will go talk to some Marines next time I'm at a car show. You all make it sound like they will be cool with me.

During OCS, while crossing the chow hall bridge, it would always make my day to see the modified cars parked in the support company barracks lot.

Motv8r-

I know of the EFA and f-body hideout. The EFA practically runs MIR. I have posted on thier forum, but not recently. Hideout is a pack of crazy guys. They have the best f car movies on the web.

TransAmatt-

There are 4 quarter mile strips in the area, and a bunch or 1/8 mile tracks. Richmond dragway is about 1 hour south of Quantico. It is a ghetto track. Surface prep is mediocre, and they have no services: nitrous, 110 octane, etc... You can hot lap all night if you want though.

MIR, is my favorite track. They have good prep, and they have 110 octane. Every friday night they have bracket racing and grudge runs till 1am.

Dinwiddie is the professional track. surface prep is excellent. THey have EVERY service. Customer service sucks. Don't expect to get more than a couple runs in.

Capitol raceway is north of DC. I've never been there.

All the tracks are less than 2 hours away.

Status
Not open for further replies.