• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine battleherks

PBF

Of course the C-130 first flew for a few years before the Marine variant...the prototype flew 23 Aug 1954 and deliveries began in Dec 1956.

Yes, you're correct. The "Marine Battleherks: A Legacy" documentary will focus on the Marine Corps Hercules history, so I posted it here in the Marines section, rather than the general military aviation.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
That's a good one, I haven't heard that one before! You legacy guys think you're so cool :) Is your station getting J's anytime soon?
It's just jealousy man...we want them fancy gauges, the HUD and less crew to "lead". And the CG is supposed to get a couple more Js, putting the inventory to 6, so they will keep three in Elizabeth City, and maybe put three in Hawaii (rumor, of course).

Yes, you're correct. The "Marine Battleherks: A Legacy" documentary will focus on the Marine Corps Hercules history, so I posted it here in the Marines section, rather than the general military aviation.
I understand, and didn't mean to sound pedantic...it is just seldom that I get to talk about the origins of my plane. :)

KBayDog

images

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
fond memories of sitting in the back of a herc with a bunch of marines on a flight from iwakuni to cubi point around '69.

man, you haven't lived...
:)