• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March2022 AMDO Board

ehm831

I feel that I should start a thread here for this board. I want to hear from everybody applying for this AMDO board. I received notification back in November that I will be put in to this board but still want to see my name on the at-board list. Anybody has seen it yet? Please share. Good luck to all of us.

Sabro23

I feel that I should start a thread here for this board. I want to hear from everybody applying for this AMDO board. I received notification back in November that I will be put in to this board but still want to see my name on the at-board list. Anybody has seen it yet? Please share. Good luck to all of us.
I have been checking to see if it’s updated but I haven’t seen anything yet.

ehm831

I have been checking to see if it’s updated but I haven’t seen anything yet.
I got confirmation today that I will be in for the board. Mr Celestin just emailed me. Did you apply? What are your stats and is it your first time applying?

Tora

I applied and will be in for this board. My first application I ever put in and here are my stats good luck to everyone.

25 Yrs Old
41 OAR
3.47 GPA Bachelor of Science
4Yrs active duty
4 Appraisals: 1 O-6 2 O-5 1 O-4
7 LORs: 1 Rear Admiral 2 O-6 3 O-5 1 CWO2

Jacksa71

If you go down to the bottom of the forum main page. You will see the AMDO sections, which is where they usually post the board group. There is already a listing there for this board. FYI.

Tora

If you go down to the bottom of the forum main page. You will see the AMDO sections, which is where they usually post the board group. There is already a listing there for this board. FYI.
I was not able to find the listing. Where exactly is it ?

ehm831

There is another one in commisioning programs tab, but i notice no updates there since last month that’s why i made a post here in Navy OCS tab. Anyway, first time applying too for AMDO.
My stats:
AM1 with 8yrs TIS
32yrs old
51 OAR
BS Industrial Engineering GPA 3.14
6 Appraisals (4 O6s, 2 O5s)
5 LOR (1 O6, 4 O5s)

Hopefully we all get selected. Good luck you all!

There is another one in commisioning programs tab, but i notice no updates there since last month that’s why i made a post here in Navy OCS tab. Anyway, first time applying too for AMDO.
My stats:
AM1 with 8yrs TIS
32yrs old
51 OAR
BS Industrial Engineering GPA 3.14
6 Appraisals (4 O6s, 2 O5s)
5 LOR (1 O6, 4 O5s)

Hopefully we all get selected. Good luck you all!
How did your appraisals go? I'm still working mine.

ehm831

How did your appraisals go? I'm still working mine.
Appraisals went easy for the most part. As long as you show them your eagerness and reasons why you want to be an Officer and of course be really professional when you answer on your interviews. Sometimes they might ask you on what you will do as a leader on some issues you might face under your command if you become an officer, but it only happened in one of my interviews so don’t really expect that. Most of them they just talk to you about your background and experience

r3coil

Hello all. Will be applying for AMDO for the 4th time. AD1 here with nearly 10 years TIS. I'm a career super hornet mech, with the majority of my career spent forward deployed in Japan. Got my SFF last year (with usage) and #2 EP last November. My last eval will be the only new addition to my package, and I am hoping it will help out. Being rejected three times has been rough, but I will continue to apply until they tell me to knock it off lol.

My appraisals were two O-5s and one O-4. All 10s. I got no LORs.

Good luck everyone.

Hello all. Will be applying for AMDO for the 4th time. AD1 here with nearly 10 years TIS. I'm a career super hornet mech, with the majority of my career spent forward deployed in Japan. Got my SFF last year (with usage) and #2 EP last November. My last eval will be the only new addition to my package, and I am hoping it will help out. Being rejected three times has been rough, but I will continue to apply until they tell me to knock it off lol.

My appraisals were two O-5s and one O-4. All 10s. I got no LORs.

Good luck everyone.
Why do you think you weren't selected in the past? Maybe add some interviews?

r3coil

Why do you think you weren't selected in the past? Maybe add some interviews?
I think main reason was because I was lacking an EP as a first class. Was in the process of getting that eval progression in my command during my previous applications. My evals now are MP, #1 MP and #2 EP. Yea it was difficult getting more amdo appraisals due to being on a carrier. The appraisals I got were from the highest ranking amdos on the boat. AIMD MO, AIMD MMCO and fleet MO. Im hoping that my experience with my eval progression together with me having my safe for flight will help me out this time. Either way, these are all just assumptions. I'll continue applying until the AMDO OCM tells me that im not competitive anymore.

ehm831

I think main reason was because I was lacking an EP as a first class. Was in the process of getting that eval progression in my command during my previous applications. My evals now are MP, #1 MP and #2 EP. Yea it was difficult getting more amdo appraisals due to being on a carrier. The appraisals I got were from the highest ranking amdos on the boat. AIMD MO, AIMD MMCO and fleet MO. Im hoping that my experience with my eval progression together with me having my safe for flight will help me out this time. Either way, these are all just assumptions. I'll continue applying until the AMDO OCM tells me that im not competitive anymore.
Did the AMDO OCM suggested anything for you to add to improve your package? Usually they do. Anyway, i suggest add LORs in your package as these are people that actually worked with you and know you, these could really help your application as well. It doesn’t matter if they are not AMDOs, as long as they are officers that could give good words about you on your Letter of Recommendations (LOR). Maybe you’re Divo or MO or any officers you worked with.

r3coil

Did the AMDO OCM suggested anything for you to add to improve your package? Usually they do. Anyway, i suggest add LORs in your package as these are people that actually worked with you and know you, these could really help your application as well. It doesn’t matter if they are not AMDOs, as long as they are officers that could give good words about you on your Letter of Recommendations (LOR). Maybe you’re Divo or MO or any officers you worked with.
Yea I'll consider it for the next one. Thanks. Good luck to you