• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 23 AMDO board

Gizmo85

Alternate is a BOL issue, OCS programs don't do alternates anymore as the selection numbers they get to use are 140-150% of what is actually needed. The used to use alternates for reserve programs but they have now shifted to selecting more than they need and then roll the extra's to the next year.

BOL has needed to be fixed for decades as it still talks about needing "2 yes's" one from the board and one from medical, but you can't go to board without having gone to medical.
Hey Sir, I have a question. How can a person got through the NRC to board and not be medically qualified? Wouldn’t the NRC see the disqualification prior to the board members?

exNavyOffRec

Yes, the community manager told me it’s essentially a waiting game now to see if/when I will ship out to OCS. Hoping I get some good news.
I wouldn't hold your breath, with 140% or so selection over what is needed there would need to be a massive amount of people declining positions.

exNavyOffRec

Hey Sir, I have a question. How can a person got through the NRC to board and not be medically qualified? Wouldn’t the NRC see the disqualification prior to the board members?
Yes, that is why BOL needs to be fixed as they changed the process for applying decades ago and have yet to change the reporting in BOL.

exNavyOffRec

L

sir is there a way to find out why didn’t make it and what needs to be improved for the next board?
The board gives no actual feedback, the best you can do is look for common things those selected have. In general experience in repairs at a maintenance facility is a big boost.