• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 23 AMDO board

ms1651

Curious if anyone can give clarification on getting a waiver for OAR score? I am two points off.
I was also a couple of points off and received an OAR waiver for AMDO and Supply. Took about a month to get the waiver approved. Got picked up for AMDO before I heard from supply. Good luck!

devlopz

Th
I was also a couple of points off and received an OAR waiver for AMDO and Supply. Took about a month to get the waiver approved. Got picked up for AMDO before I heard from supply. Good luck!
That’s reassuring! I’ve read before several people getting picked up with OAR waivers if their package was good in other areas but couldn’t find info on how to get the waiver.

ms1651

My recruiter did all of the paperwork to get the waiver started and submitted (there was no action on my end other than stating I would like one). My score is actually embarrassing that I couldn’t even put in for SWO if I wanted to since SWO and some other designators have minimum OAR scores needed to even get a waiver approved. But AMDO and Supply were ones that actually did not have a minimum to required for waiver per their individual packet requirements. I had to use all 3 attempts to get approved though. Definitely connect with your recruiter to get that done. Feel free to shoot me a message with further questions.

devlopz

My recruiter did all of the paperwork to get the waiver started and submitted (there was no action on my end other than stating I would like one). My score is actually embarrassing that I couldn’t even put in for SWO if I wanted to since SWO and some other designators have minimum OAR scores needed to even get a waiver approved. But AMDO and Supply were ones that actually did not have a minimum to required for waiver per their individual packet requirements. I had to use all 3 attempts to get approved though. Definitely connect with your recruiter to get that done. Feel free to shoot me a message with further questions.
Ah I see, thank you! I’m not working with a recruiter since I’m active duty still.

ms1651

Gotcha. For what it’s worth most of the AMDO selectees this recent board is active duty. Mainly 2nd classes and a handful of 1sts. I was 1 of 4 civilians. I think 2 of us are prior service including myself

devlopz

Gotcha. For what it’s worth most of the AMDO selectees this recent board is active duty. Mainly 2nd classes and a handful of 1sts. I was 1 of 4 civilians. I think 2 of us are prior service including myself
That is awesome to hear! I will definitely reach out to you if I have any questions. I am looking to apply for the March 2024 board.

ms1651

For sure just keep in mind if you end up putting in for a waiver, it was about a month turnaround. And packets will likely be due early February for the March board. I missed this years March board and Amdo didn’t convene again until October and packets were due September.

devlopz

For sure just keep in mind if you end up putting in for a waiver, it was about a month turnaround. And packets will likely be due early February for the March board. I missed this years March board and Amdo didn’t convene again until October and packets were due September.
Thank you, good to know.