• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

goblue0120

Looks like I'll be joining you all for the March boards. This will be my 2nd time around for Supply.

Supply/SWO

25/M

ASTB: 1st try 52
2nd try 59

Bachelors of Business University of Michigan
3.51 cumulative gpa

LORs:
3 Professors
Former Employer
O-2

Lots of Community Service and Club leadership.

Good luck to everyone!

NAVYBM2

Contributor
What is up everybody?
Out of Wisconsin here, and it looks like I am in with you guys and gals!
Prior Service 6 years(NAVY), EPs every time I was up for promotion, capped to 2nd class!
Major/Minor: Physics/Math (3.45 GPA)
ASTB: 5/6/5 52
LOR: My ship's captain (O-6), and my 2 division officers (O-3).
Strong Motivational statement.

I wish you all the best of luck.
Even if I do get selected I doubt it that I am going to see you at OCS.
I am going for BDCP and I don't graduate until MAY2011.

N9148Q

Contributor
Visual_scan Thanks ya im not all fat haha. Ive been working on my run for awhile now.

Jessa222

hey ya'll!! i'm with you fine applicants as i applied for january and got moved back a month...

22/f Vanderbilt 3.1 COmm/Geology
5/5/5 ASTB
LOR: 3 navy pilots
extracurriculars clubs/sports/everything else

went sna, nfo, swo

good luck to all i can't wait to hear all the news we get back!

mbraesicke

Ranger
well, I think the deadline to submit for the March boards was yesterday. And i'm willing to bet we've got quite a few lurkers on here not posting up their stats. C'mon and join the thread guys, give us something to look over for the next 2 months!

lilsnoboardr22

if we dont have any lurkers. less competition is ok with me. The stats that everyone are putting down are all so good. So the less the better. Im not saying my stats are bad. I think they are competitive but some of the ASTB scores are amazing. I thought my score was good (6/7/7) but some guys posting 8's and 9's makes me nervous about my application. I want this so bad and this is my second time submitting. first time though i was not fully medically cleared by MEPS so i think that played a big factor into my selection. Good luck to all. T minus one month or so until the results!

comawhite

feb 25th is what i was told, obv earlier is better
well, I think the deadline to submit for the March boards was yesterday. And i'm willing to bet we've got quite a few lurkers on here not posting up their stats. C'mon and join the thread guys, give us something to look over for the next 2 months!

mbraesicke

Ranger
The ASTB is just a test, if you can score decent on it the Navy knows they can probably successfully train you to be an aviator. My recruiter said that if you can score at least 5's and OAR around 50 you will be ok.(and she's seen many people selected with 4's and low 40's). After you can meet that they start looking at the whole person concept to see if you are officer material. Granted, if its close competition its probably better to have a higher score to give you an edge, but in the long run its just a screening test, the important part of the application is what makes you you. A test can't tell them that.

jdhvb

i agree with the previous post, just got selected NFO with a 4/4/5 45 ASTB score. The board definitely looks at the whole person concept. Scoring low isn't the end of the world.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Was picked up in AUG2009 for SNA and SNFO. Awaiting final flight med approval but will be needing an age waiver. To cover my six, I am putting in for SWO for these boards since the Navy overhired pilots/FOs and it's looking a little dicey.

M/27
Three years plus in the USIC in operations and analysis
TS/sci
BA from George Washington University, 3.0
ASTB was, I think, 5/6/6
Outstanding PRT: 83 PU, 99 CU, 9.03 Run (age waiver my ass =D)
Excellent statement and 5 high recs from current USIC supervisors, former Navy and Army Os and an enlisted Marine
Cleared medically for everything but aviation (pending with fingers crossed)

Good luck to all!

Not to sound patronizing but this, in retrospect, was the easiest part.

corbdiggs

feb 25th is what i was told, obv earlier is better

Hopefully you are right. All my stuff is done, but I still have to sign it. My recruiter and processor are extremely busy right now and I'll probably sign the stuff tomorrow. Hopefully I still make it on the March board.

lilsnoboardr22

The ASTB is just a test, if you can score decent on it the Navy knows they can probably successfully train you to be an aviator. My recruiter said that if you can score at least 5's and OAR around 50 you will be ok.(and she's seen many people selected with 4's and low 40's). After you can meet that they start looking at the whole person concept to see if you are officer material. Granted, if its close competition its probably better to have a higher score to give you an edge, but in the long run its just a screening test, the important part of the application is what makes you you. A test can't tell them that.

very good post. but of course by looking at gpa and astb scores they want smart people to fly multimillion dollar airplanes. but hopefully they like me as a "whole person" ive put a lot of effort into my moto statement and everything else. Its now just up to the boards to hopefully select me.

as per the other posts. My recruiter said the deadline was feb 15th. but that might of been the earliest an application could be sent. so it could be later.

priceless529

i think feb 15th was the deadline too, one month before boards meet...anyone heard yet how many kits there were for each program?