• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2010 Boards

BigJeffray

Sans Remorse
pilot
Wow, that's freaking tough. I hope no one from NRD Chicago tries to pull that crap. Enjoy these last few excrutiating days everyone.

N9148Q

Contributor
JCUSN my OR said that the Officer TS is diff. By that I assume it goes in a different file now and they need a new copy.

NYYanks

Tweaking off my coffee
I just have a quick question everyone...

I already have a TS clearance that was just adjudicated a year ago, and is therefore still current. Why did I have to fill out a new SF-86? My recruiter only had me fill out and "pen and ink" copy, as he said that was all that was required since I had a clearance already. I think this was the standard SF-86 form, but I only had to fill it out with a pen...I guess?

My main question...what exactly was this for? Are they actually going to pay to have another clearance done on me? 

Thats a bit weird. I know as a fleet applicant, all I had to do was submit a copy of my JPAS. Screw a new 86, that form blows chunks. This just makes me wonder if I will have to fill a new one if accepted into OCS, once I get to my first command as an Officer... all I can think of is swearing right now if I have to do it....

AnonymousGuy

None
So then u guys don't think they'll do an entirely new investigation? I really want to keep my TS clearance. I'm hoping the SF86 was only for paperwork/checklist purposes:/

nate_j52

I know its late to post, i know how nail biting it is for every one. let me know what you think

Male 28
SNA/NFO/Intel
6/7/7 55
B.A General studies(poli sci), some graduate work (MBA)
Prior enlisted AD2(jet engine mechanic), flight deck trouble shooter, USS Kitty Hawk during operation enduring freedom, and iraqi freedom
letters of recc from Chief scientist naval oceanagraphic center, and Lt.Cdr pilot from my old squadron
no bad behaviour, perfect vision

mostly i wanna know how much prior enlisted helps..
oh by the way alot of the info you get is what they call ricky rumors in enlisted boot camp

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I know its late to post, i know how nail biting it is for every one. let me know what you think

Male 28
SNA/NFO/Intel
6/7/7 55
B.A General studies(poli sci), some graduate work (MBA)
Prior enlisted AD2(jet engine mechanic), flight deck trouble shooter, USS Kitty Hawk during operation enduring freedom, and iraqi freedom
letters of recc from Chief scientist naval oceanagraphic center, and Lt.Cdr pilot from my old squadron
no bad behaviour, perfect vision

mostly i wanna know how much prior enlisted helps..
oh by the way alot of the info you get is what they call ricky rumors in enlisted boot camp

Being prior won't hurt but it is not like you are automatic because of it... Your stats look like everyone else on here with slight differences but pretty good overall... Good Luck!

nate_j52

I talked to mine this morning, said that they are hearing that they may be pushed back to next month... Although he told me to come in because we need to dot i's and cross t's... strange because i thought it had to be submitted by the 5th of this month... meaning if its been sent in how can we edit it? guess ill find out Thursday morning at nine.

duross

I talked to mine this morning, said that they are hearing that they may be pushed back to next month.strange because i thought it had to be submitted by the 5th of this month

Everything I have heard and seen suggests that you need to have your package submitted by at least the first of the month (possibly sooner).

Also, my recruiter called me Thursday about something completely unrelated to the March boards and without me asking, he said, "Oh and the March SWO board results will be out in a couple of days." Take that for what it's worth.

mbraesicke

Ranger
I'm pretty sure to be seen by the board you've got to have your app in by the 15th of the previous month, and you can continue to update it online until the 25th. I had mine turned in for the Jan board on the 18th of Dec and I got rolled to this board.

marmy9876

I'm pretty sure to be seen by the board you've got to have your app in by the 15th of the previous month, and you can continue to update it online until the 25th. I had mine turned in for the Jan board on the 18th of Dec and I got rolled to this board.

Yea I think you are right...I know the 25th of the previous month was the official deadline, but most recruiters need it at least by the 20th to do their part by the 25th, at least thats what my processor said. Us folks who bet the under only have a few hours left. Lets hope these phones start ringing shortly!

rmalama

guys guys guys, come on, the results will be in tomorrow!!

you're all just jealous you didn't bet on the 24th!!