• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Make more room at the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

mklepac

Thanks for the info guys. Ya, I really don't have much stuff. I sold a lot and packed the rest into a 10x10 storage unit. I'm sure everyones moving experience is different...some good some bad...i'd just assume get them to do it if they will just to save me the hassel of driving a uhaul! ;)

Mike

Grunt

When I finally get things going, most of my stuff will STAY in storage here in Virginia Beach because I have a whole house full of stuff that would be utterly silly to cart all over the southern US for training. Besides, if things go according to the master plan (and gee don't they always) I'll move back to it instead of bringing it to me.

Mike the Grunt

wali

Matt;
Thank you, kindly, for the advice. You are right about seperating dreams from reality, but I also know the same. I am well aware of the intense competetion that goes on to get jet slots and, by no means, do I think that I will surely end up with jets. I know I have to work for it and that's what I have been doing so far. Luck also has to do a little with getting jets. I am definitely going to work hard and see if luck is also on my side. If not jet, does not mean I'll be disappointed, but Jets are still primary.
Anyway, thanks a lot for the advice and GET THOSE THREE CABLES!
Ali

mattlowery

Could someone please provide a little insight on the BOQ at NAS Pensacola? What is it like? Is it like a big apartment building? Do you have roommates? What kinds of things are provided? Are the living conditions pretty good? Will I be able to bring computer after OCS, and do they have Internet access in them? Any more good info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the great info so far!

Matt L.

Grunt

WOW! That is much nicer than they treated us in the Army. I lived in the BOQ on FT Benning for 9 months while going through various schools as a new Infantry officer. You got one room with a bed, closet, dresser, TV, foldout desk, and a bathroom. you had the room to yourself, but you had no space. You also had a mini-fridge with a really-mini-microwave bolted to the top of it. The microwave was so small that microwave popcorn could not fully expand inside it. For decoration they kindly provided mold. And people ask why I'm not going back into the Army...;)

Mike the Grunt

wali

Hey Guys;
I found this picture on the web of the, supposedly F-14E Super Tomcat. A lot of replies said it's a fake, what do you guys think?
http://www.nme.de/CGI-SHL/NME/VIEWPIC.CFM?ID=1120
Ali

Jeff29

Science Project
Any suggestions on furnished places in Pensacola (close to NAS) where I can live with my wife and 2 year old son. I was told that children are not allowed at the BOQ.

mklepac

I found this "book" while searching the web and it's kinda interesting. All about NAS Pensacola! (~4.5meg download, 158 pages)

http://www.cnet.navy.mil/naspcola/pensacola.pdf

Mike

mattlowery

before OCS, will we get any kind of NAS Pensacola "welcome package" or anything? or will we just get our orders and that's it?

thanks!!!!!!

Paul Burke

Are there houses for rent in decent neighborhoods reasonably priced? Is there a preferred realestate agency or resource that I should check out? I've got a girlfriend and a chow that I want to bring down there as soon as OCS is over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.