• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Maj Sam "SWACQ" Griffith

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Another I will never have the privilege to meet in person... my condolences to his family on this tragic loss. You won't be forgotten.

Phrog, let's do this, and put together another AW memorial fund.

John

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going to wire in the PSU crowd once we figure out what the plan is.

Drifty

I was naive to think I'd stopped losing friends. Guard well the gates until we can relieve you.EWTGLANT.JPG

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I'm in, I was just reading his post of flying tac and wearing gloves, I can only imagine the astronomical number of other people his life as influenced. RIP brother

phrogpilot73

I served with that short Gunny third from the left, but his name escapes me. Please tell me he's not one of the lost.
Nope, that is the N8 from EWTGLANT. The guy in civvies is my current boss, SWACQ is the furthest on the right, and the short gunny is a retired MSgt now. Works for a contractor that supports EWTGLANT today.

Drifty - Ralphie and Hawg were both at the wake tonight, were you there? Welcome aboard by the way - can we get this man some wings?

phrogpilot73

Phrog, let's do this, and put together another AW memorial fund.
I'll have a PM for you shortly...

Went to the memorial service today. Found out that the primary JTAC on his team came under extremely heavy fire the first night of the operation, SWACQ was working the JTARs/watching UAV feeds a little further back while the primary JTAC (a Sgt) was controlling CAS. Apparently, when they linked back up later that evening, SWACQ told this young Marine (that he viewed as his little brother) that he didn't want him to go through that two days in a row - and that SWACQ would go forward as the controller, and the Sgt would work the JTARs... We know what happens after that. Not many leaders like that in the military these days.

phrogpilot73

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

A memorial fund has been established with NFCU in Sam Griffith's name, in order to help out his wife Casey and their two young sons. The paypal donate button above (and below) is tied to one of my many PayPal accounts (hence the email address). I selected this PayPal account because it's an NFCU account so that I can electronically transfer it. I plan on doing the electronic transfer so it's immediately available - and then drafting a letter on behalf of AirWarriors when we're complete. I would like to get this to them before the end of the year, and PSW and I are leaving for a cruise on the 31st. So, if you intend to donate - please do so before the 28th. I will keep a running tally of how much we're up to, much like with skidkid.

EDIT - One thing I forgot, please include your username in the donation form. I don't know everyone's real name and/or email address, and plan on including it in the letter.

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

phrogpilot73

I edited the donation post with a request to include your username in the message to seller box. I also updated the link to include that. If you have already donated and didn't include your username - please PM what your real name/email address is so that I can keep track of who's who in the zoo. Already up to $525, in only a couple of hours. You guys are awesome.

WAVY-10 did a great job with the news coverage, to include being on site (I only knew they were there because of the broadcast van in the parking lot) of the memorial service. You can read about it here.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Is there anything wrong with posting this up on another forum, or Facebook wall? Or is this AW only?