• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M 16 and M4 Civilian Variants

FLY_USMC

pilot
If anyone's looking for AR lowers, I've just been notified I won a shipment. :D
As in you have 1 or 2 you'd like to sell? I might be interested, but probably just 1....maybe 2 would suffice if you have them. Manufacturer would be a plus....as would a price...you can PM me. I'm building a SBR AR when I get back home....to kill with.

ZekeBathory

Doe-eyed Hopeful
I feel bad for the poor sucker who tries to invade any of your respective homes.

My Springfield XD .45 ACP is bad enough, but what exactly do you do when you find yourself prowling into the sights of an AR-15? Ask for toilet paper?

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I ordered 2. I can't believe I ordered 2.

It's impossible to pass up that price though. Especially since I have a couple of un-used uppers and enough spare parts laying around here to build two ARs without buying anything else.

H60Gunner

Contributor
I ordered 2. I can't believe I ordered 2.

It's impossible to pass up that price though. Especially since I have a couple of un-used uppers and enough spare parts laying around here to build two ARs without buying anything else.

I still can't believe the price. Sent the feller a check today.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
So are we now the AW Militia?

Shall we standardize on 5.56, 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC?

As much as I love the 6.8 SPC I guess you'd have to give the nod to 5.56 because of ammo availability. IMHO that's the only reason though. The 6.8 just feels right in the AR platform.

The good news is our lowers will say Cal: Multi as opposed to Cal: 5.56 so we can mix and match. :D

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So are we now the AW Militia?

Shall we standardize on 5.56, 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC?

You left out the 6.5 Mason

Masoncomparison.jpg

HJ Photo

utak

Put together your own M-4gery site

A lot of posts coming out recently of people putting together their own M-4gery's, especially with that awesome deal of lower receivers. I recently came across this website by Larue Tactical that I thought was so freakin cool that I had to share with you guys.

This website is an "online weapon profiler" that lets you build your own AR with custom parts to whatever you see fit, anyway you see fit, and it lets you see your fruits of your labor (as well as the cost). Mix and match any combination you want. I think T-Rex says it best . . ..

larue.png

Literally, you can play with this website all day. And Larue Tactical I hear has an incredible reputation as far as optics and mounts go. Very reliable, K.I.S.S. quick detach mounts, and always return to zero. Next time I buy an optic, I'm getting it from these guys.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
TacCool naysayers aside they really do make the very best optic mounts in the business. Their rails and uppers are good to go as well.

I haven't ordered from them in a while but they used to stick a Larue baseball cap in with every order. Damn cool hat too....

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Well yea. It's got a picture of TEXAS on it!!

LTLogo.jpg

Couple of weekends ago I did a little "snoopin and poopin through Quantico like terrain" to get in position for a super up close overhead vid of an Osprey's approach to LZ7.

Mission accomplished except that said Osprey's rotor wash blew my favorite Larue hat to parts unknown. I was too busy trying not to be blown back thru the woods to see where it went. Damn it.