• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LTJG Shoulder Boards

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
There are set rules for Roulette.

1. All cards go into a hat.
2. Cards are drawn one by one from the hat, preferably by a non-participant, preferably female, preferably stacked.
3. As each card is drawn, that person is "safe".
4. By waiting for the final card, you increase the tension. I like to make side bets to see if either of the last two guys breaks a sweat and/or freaks out.
5. The last guy pays the bill. The rest if the party should cover the tip. Either way, the guy who pays should have his drinks covered by everyone else the rest of the night.
Never played it that way by pulling out cards one by one and last guy has to pay. It's always been to simply pull the first card out and whoever it is....well, bad night for them. Concur on the rest though. This is for the bill ONLY. Everyone else pays their own tip and ensures the guy who got the bill never has an empty glass. This is just common courtesy.

With SWO's, this is bit harder to convince folks to do. They're not near as open minded on this as were the aviators that I've been out with.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Pulling the cards out one by one is the only way to go......you can feel the tension building after every card. You can actually see the blood pressure go up as the pool narrows. The happiest man on earth is the 2nd to last card pulled out of the hat on a HUGH bill.

Leave it to UPN to make a TV show out of this....I know its exciting for the people with their ass on the line but COME ON.....Fvckin ridiculous

http://www.phantomgourmet.com/ShowPage.aspx?content=GreatAteDetails&greatAteId=1025

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Kenny Lawrence (Competitor #5)

...But if he loses this game of credit card roulette, he’s worried about the effect it could have on his family.

So this guy is thinking:
"I could win a totaly radical steak dinner, or I could ruin my relationship with my wife..."

WOW marriage must really suck for this guy

GMan1976

Banned
Ever the card players and hustlers, my fiancee and I have a fun game we play for the bill whenever we go out for grub. While I used to pick up the tab for pretty much everything, we started taking turns later in the relationship. Now we bring a deck of cards all the time. At the bill we lay out 7 cards each face up (1 at a time back and forth). Whoever has the best 5-card hand (poker rules) wins. It's fun to feel the tension with each card laid down! The great thing is, the odds have us running about even. We have a good laugh, and a little fun, and neither of us are breaking our bank accounts!

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
And they're putting it all on the line for a chance to win the ultimate steak dinner for free. Whose credit card will be pulled last? Who will have to pay the enormous dinner bill at Morton's Steakhouse?

Enthralling... :sleep_125

I can't believe some of the crap on TV... o well never get a chance to watch it anyway..

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Bottom line is ... you can't take it $$$$ with you.

I hate cheap guys .... always have ... and they are always with us .... :icon_rast

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:

In the words of the immortal and late "Bug" Roach: "He who dies with the most toys, wins"

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:

I hate cheap guys .... always have ... and they are always with us .... :icon_rast
I'll buy all the limes if you buy the tequila

limes.jpg

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Back to the original topic:

Picking up LT in your first squadron fleet tour and giving your JG shoulder boards to the ENS Intel O? Cool.

Soliciting on a website to buy JG shoulder boards for $16 and shipping (a savings of about $12)? Cheapass.

Thisguy said:
Back to the original topic:

Picking up LT in your first squadron fleet tour and giving your JG shoulder boards to the ENS Intel O? Cool.

Soliciting on a website to buy JG shoulder boards for $16 and shipping (a savings of about $12)? Cheapass.

Oh yeah, paying full price for over- priced items is awsome, military discounts suck. I feel like such a tool for looking for a deal. Ebay sucks too. Thanks for setting me straight.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HarrisonFord said:
Oh yeah, paying full price for over- priced items is awsome, military discounts suck. I feel like such a tool for looking for a deal. Ebay sucks too. Thanks for setting me straight.
Jesus F'ing Christ! Just go buy the God damned things and be done with it! :eek:

Brett

Hey calm down everybody, no nead to have a heart attack, the wetting down was a while ago. Shoulder boards are taken care of, thanks for you help though.