• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lt on Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

airwinger

pilot
I gotta add my little TBS story. So, "no **** there I was" the last day of the war, pilot recovered, all we need to dois go home. But wait, the CO has just said we should pick up two sandbags and tie them to our packs. "Do they have to be full of sand sir?" well yes. And since it rained they no longer weigh 35lbs each but now 45lbs each. Lets just say that after our little walk, we didn't even have to read "Soldiers load" we won't forget it either.
airwinger
from "Hell yeah Charlie does surf" 3-02

O-man

Thats right hudson. As I see it, it goes like this.
1. Never volenteer for anything.
2. as stated by Hudson- dont ask questions you dont want answers to.
3. it is easier to be forgiven than granted permission. (descression must be used with this one).
4&5 are from Homer- "it was like that when I got here" and "I dont know, its my first day".

airwinger

pilot
Actually the point of the whole thing was to illustrate what officers can end up doing when they make up gear lists to cover EVERY single possibility "And this is in case we get swept by a tornado to the arctic". It did bring home the points made in Soldier's load and we didn't even have to have a discussion group on it.

[8D]
airwinger.
P.s They weighed one of the SPC's and his load was 170lbs. Oh and our CO was a Huey pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.