• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Low Flying B-52

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NavyVance said:
"hey man.. whats that knocking on your window?" "umm.. I dunno sir.." "I think its the ball dude, it wants back in"

Thas an actual conversation I had with an IP.

And by "had" I mean, yesterday.

Rudder pedals are for centering a ball? Damn... ;)

KBayDog

Fly Navy said:
Rudder pedals are for centering a ball? Damn... ;)

Pedals? Pedals?!?! You mean to tell me that the pedals will help keep the ball centered?

D'oh! All this time, I've been griping it after each flight: "Pilot's inclinometer moves from center at times while airborne, particularly during turns and power changes. Checks good on the ground."

Note: Just kidding, of course, for two reasons:

1. My inclinometer has never been out of center. NEVER. Not even once. "Yeah, that's the ticket..." ;)

2. I would never use a big word like "inclinometer."

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
NavyVance said:
The prop pilot in me is really bothered by that turn ball.

I like to have my balls (both pilot and copilot, if they match up, sometimes my balls don't match in these planes as they are old) centered during all phases of flight. i ride my 3P about it too, if his balls are out at all, i get very annoyed. Not much you can do about the auto pilot in a P-3 though, the ball's gonna be out no matter what when you kick it on, usually less than 1/3 out though.

NavyLonghorn

A4sForever said:
Welcome to the Club, Junior. Sometimes ??? Mine are old all the time --- you get used to it.

Lucky for you PropStop, the EFDS has electronic balls, so, its like a new pair of balls every time you fly.

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
NavyVance said:
Lucky for you PropStop, the EFDS has electronic balls, so, its like a new pair of balls every time you fly.

EFDS has electronic turn needles, the balls are still old and they don't work well. Sometimes they stick, usually just one of them, but i really hate it when my balls stick.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
PropStop said:
.... but i really hate it when my balls stick.
I like sticky balls :eek:. Rice balls. And a cold beer. Yummy ... :)

fish-suffed-rice.jpg
ALOHA, BRUDDAH ...

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:
I like sticky balls :eek:. Rice balls. And a cold beer. Yummy ... :)

fish-suffed-rice.jpg
ALOHA, BRUDDAH ...

man, your balls look tasty.

I too enjoy the taste of beer.

usually threads devolve into topics like good pvssy and the such...but now the discussion is about each other's balls...

right...