• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a slot in ACEs? Sign Up Here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Walker what do you mean that you are medically qualified? I know they give you anther physical that is somewhat more in depth then the meps one, which is more general. But I think that everyone who gets accepted is "medically qualified", my impression is that they just want to do more thorough check?

bpikula

Paul sorry to hear you're screwed over again. I'm not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but I've been done with undergrad for 3 or 4 years now. Heck, I found out almost two weeks ago that I was going to ACEs. I guess that they must just have a few spaces left and prefer to save them for people they have money tied up in. Just the way it works I guess. Anyway, good luck, maybe something will work out.

Musiqlover

Well they have money tied up in me! Why shouldn't I be able to go since you are going?

quote:
Paul sorry to hear you're screwed over again. I'm not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but I've been done with undergrad for 3 or 4 years now. Heck, I found out almost two weeks ago that I was going to ACEs. I guess that they must just have a few spaces left and prefer to save them for people they have money tied up in. Just the way it works I guess. Anyway, good luck, maybe something will work out.

PM

Mahler

Sorry about the BS you had to go through Paul. I've been in the program now for a year and one month, and I have many stories like yours I could tell.

Brad... I'm not sure when you're supposed to be there. I go to the Embry-Riddle campus in Arizona, so they have to fly me over there. There's also two other guys from my school going on the same date. By the way, I wanted to take a camera with me. Does anyone know what the policy is on flashing away at ACES???

James

bpikula

James, I was planning on taking a camera myself. I don't think they'll have a problem with it. In one of Vicki's posts she said they were able to take picture of the static displays and other things. I'm sure they'll let you know what you can and can't photograph. I see you're going to Embry-Riddle. What is your major? My brother used to attend the Daytona campus, but they had too many problems with scheduling flight hours and then his instructor passed away. It was a big mess and it cost a lot of $ for a couple extra semesters so he transfered. When do you graduate?

Walker

Falcaner,
By me saying I'm not medically qualified I just mean that I haven't been given the ok y NAMI. I guess I'll feel a whole lot more secure when I 've been given the ok by NAMI

Mahler

Falconer,

I have two more semesters until I graudate. I'm an Aerospace Engineering major, so I don't get to do much flying (which sucks). I do have my private pilot's, but I hardly ever get to fly. It's just too expensive. Are you going to ACES anytime soon???

James

big jim

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Mahler,
Unfortunately i will not be able to make it to aces because as it is right now my OCS date is June 9th.

bpikula

quote:
Falconer,

I have two more semesters until I graudate. I'm an Aerospace Engineering major, so I don't get to do much flying (which sucks). I do have my private pilot's, but I hardly ever get to fly. It's just too expensive. Are you going to ACES anytime soon???

James, I think you got mixed up. My name is Brad. I will be at ACEs during the week of June 3rd. Aerospace Engineering, huh? Sounds cool. I guess you'll have a pretty nice advantage over the rest of us in API. Don't kill the curve for the rest of us, okay? The reason I was asking about your major was because I was wondering how tough it was to get flight hours at the Prescott campus. My brother is going to JU (Comm-Air's program)right now, but was looking into the other ERAU location. You don't happen to know about the scheduling of flights or the number of students vs. planes, do you? Here in Florida it was going to take 2 or 3 extra semesters just for him to get the required number of hours in the air.

Mahler

whoops, sorry about the name mix-up. Aerospace Engineering is pretty cool, but I really want to get back to flying planes rather than designing them. I'm not to up on what goes on out at the flight line, but I know that most pilots do a lot of complaining on how they hardly ever get to fly. I know people that took over a year to get their private pilot's just because they can never get on the flight schedule. You'll have to give me your info so I know who you are when we get to ACES in a couple of weeks. See ya soon...

James

ghost_ttu

Does anyone know if they are still doing ACES? I'm trying to do the polite thing and research this stuff before I ask, but I just didn't find anything current.

gmlc112

I am very interested in the ACES program. I'm off to OCS July 6th, I do not know when ACES starts, but I would love to participate. -Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.