• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a slot in ACEs? Sign Up Here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpikula

For everyone interested in ACEs, I spoke to my recruiter this morning and apparently they're starting it back up again. I got classed up for the week of June 3rd. If anyone else is going to be participating in ACEs that week, let me know. It would be nice to at least know somebody's name in the class ahead of time.

Paul and Ashley, kind of bad luck for you guys. Doesn't it figure that they would schedule a class during/right before your indoc at OCS. Hopefully I'll get to say hello when we visit the chow hall that week. I'll be sure to let the forum know how scared/clueless you all look. Seriously, best of luck to you both!

bpikula

You know, I never have gotten airsick (knock on wood), but I'm sure that there this is a big difference between a T-34 and the Cessna we putt around in. Tell you what, I'll fill one just for you buddy!

Musiqlover

Well, I have asked my recruiter to try and schedule me for that ACES in June. We will see what kind of BS happens! I will probably be put through the ringer once again!

Sincerely,
Paul

PM

Walker

I was thinking about asking my recruiter to send me to that ACES too, but I doubt that they will send me out there for it when OCS starts for me on june 9th.

Musiqlover

If anyone else is going to the 02JUN Aces class will you please email me? I am trying to see if the class is full enough to be in or not. I know that they only run classes if they are full enough.

Sincerely,

Paul

PM

bpikula

I don't know if it is filled up or not, but they do have enough people to schedule a class. My recruiter is typing up my orders and taking care of expense related items so the class is definately going to happen. I'm still waiting to hear what time I'm supposed to report. They were going to fly me over, but I would rather drive since I'm in Jax. Paul, if you get in let me know. We could meet somewhere and go together.

Musiqlover

Dear James,

I noticed your cool username. Are you a musician? I am trying to get a slot in ACES for that week, but have not heard back from my recruiter. He said that his boss in Miami requested a seat for me, but we will see if it works out!

Sincerely,
Paul

PM

Mahler

Hey Paul...

Yeah, I'm a musician. One of my majors was music. That's cool that you know who Mahler is. He's one of my favs, so I decided to use him for my screename here.
I know exactally what you mean about recruiters. My recruiter was supposed to get me a slot in ACES this summer two months ago. I've been bugging him constantly, but he never came through. Today I was at the MEPS and there's this really cool civilian worker there who's very good at taking care of things. I asked him if he could get me in an ACES class this summer. Well, he picked up the phone, and ten minutes later I was in the 03June class. Gotta know who to talk to I guess. Hopefully I'll see you there!!!!

James

bpikula

James, I'm going to be there June 3rd. If Paul gets in we'll have a little crew of AirWarriors members over there. By the way, do you know what time we are supposed to get there on Sunday? I still haven't heard back from my recruiter.

See you in Pensacola,
Brad

nickou23

Hey guys, I'll be at ACES 02Jun too, wait, maybe I already said that. , how many of us does that make?
Incidently, my recruiter had informed me of a rumor that ACES had been cancelled indefinately, but fortunately that was just an ugly rumor.

Musiqlover

I am ONCE AGAIN let down by the Navy. I am not actually in yet, and I have been screwed again! I have heard that the 02JUN Aces class was going to happen. My recruiter requested a seat for me, and below you will see the email that he sent me in response. I AM BEING PUNISHED FOR NOT BEING A RECENT COLLEGE GRADUATE!! WHAT BULL S***.

"Paul,
got a call from my boss in Miami. Unfortunately we will not be able to get you into the Aces class prior to you going to OCS. They have given those seats to the people in college that are in the Degree completion Plan. Since they are on summer break they have priority. I know you really wanted to go, but i have no doubt you will pass all of the physical requirements when you go to ocs."

Sincerely,
Paul

PM

Walker

so are me and paul the only ones who are reporting to ocs, without having been physically qualified yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.