• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a female perspective on OCS

LadyT

Ok ladies let's talk underwear. I know the color doesn't matter any more, but what kind of underwear did you bring? I don't want to worry about having a wedgie all damn day, so I was thinking bikini style. Should I bring a couple of white pair just to be on the safe side?

I think I might invest in some of the athletic underwear...I have heard good things about them. I will definitely bring some white pairs.

KMC1020

I think I might invest in some of the athletic underwear...I have heard good things about them. I will definitely bring some white pairs.

What brand are you thinking of getting? I've never seen athletic underwear before

Workingoutsidemyfield

Here's a question for those of you who have already been to, or are currently in, OCS. The biggest advice that I've been given thus far is to try not to stand out. However, most of the videos and photos that I've seen from OCS show maybe one girl in the class. As a female who already gets more attention than I'd like, do I have any chance of blending in, or should I just paint a target on my forehead now?

I just graduated last Thursday. Females definitely stick out no matter what hun. 1-5 in each class that is all there is unless you have roll ups in your class.

Workingoutsidemyfield

Congrates on just graduating!!! Any advice for people about to head down to Newport?

Thank you. Yes, keep an open mind. Start doing Max sets of push-ups and sit-ups now. DI 's and Chiefs love push ups. Stay focus, everything might seem stupid but it just to discipline you. Don't worry about under garments. It doesn't matter about colors until you are in your whites and in that case skin tone works best. I'm am very dark and you will never find me in white.

drshiloh

I'm planning to get my hair cut before I go to OCS on 7/26, and I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on bob vs. pixie. I've done both before. A pixie would mean my hair wouldn't be in my face, but there's that really awkward growing out period after. I have shoulder length hair now, but it's really thick and takes a long time to get in a decent looking bun, so I figured it would be easier to cut it for now.

Also, are we expected to shave our legs every day?

MS21089

I would recommend an easy short bob over a pixie. I had a pixie cut in boot camp, and it grew out funky and took longer to get to the point I could put it in a bun.

I am not sure how different OCS is from bootcamp, but we were only allowed to shave on Sundays. A girl was caught shaving her ankles on a Tuesday and they secured all of our razors for several weeks... (needless to say, she was not very popular in my division). I have a feeling OCS will be more flexible. Also, we wore high white socks whenever we were in our pt gear, so only a small portion of our legs were visible.