• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a female perspective on OCS

krae3443

If your roots don’t show in a blatantly unnatural way, you’re totally fine.
Are they gonna care what the hair looks like when down cause I know for some having a money piece where the front pieces are bleached could be maybe interpreted as unnatural. I’m able to when up pull it back where it looks like blond highlights all over the top. I’ve considered maybe just toning down how blonde it is for ocs to just avoid it standing out and avoid any root growth standing out.

Ashley Wick

Are they gonna care what the hair looks like when down cause I know for some having a money piece where the front pieces are bleached could be maybe interpreted as unnatural. I’m able to when up pull it back where it looks like blond highlights all over the top. I’ve considered maybe just toning down how blonde it is for ocs to just avoid it standing out and avoid any root growth standing out.
(If your hair is long) They won’t care what it looks like down, because you will only VERY RARELY see them with your hair down. It will only be down when not in uniform which will only be during head and hygiene and bed time.

krae3443

(If your hair is long) They won’t care what it looks like down, because you will only VERY RARELY see them with your hair down. It will only be down when not in uniform which will only be during head and hygiene and bed time.
Haha okay I was worried thank you all for reassuring me. Cause it’s not that I wouldn’t be willing to color it. It’s just like I don’t like my hair this way so I’m happy it shouldn’t be an issue.

Mouselovr

Contributor
do you have to break 90 degrees for pushup form? I can hit 90 but have trouble breaking it
In standard yes (in practice, no)

I saw some dudes straight up doing the worm during our final PRT.

Try to get as close to 90 as possible. If your form is truly awful, you will get sharked

Okay cool, I've heard that they're really strict during the first test on form. I'm nervous because I can do about 8 really good ones breaking 90 but after that my form breaks down a little and I need to do 17 total.

waterandwind15

This may be the wrong place to post this since I realize this thread is about actually being at OCS, however, it is a female question so might as well try it here haha. I went to MEPS last week and my recruiter asked me for a copy for results of my last pap smear. I asked him why and he has not responded. Does every female have to send this in or is something amiss? Luckily I had it done last month so I can get it over to him ASAP but still.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
This may be the wrong place to post this since I realize this thread is about actually being at OCS, however, it is a female question so might as well try it here haha. I went to MEPS last week and my recruiter asked me for a copy for results of my last pap smear. I asked him why and he has not responded. Does every female have to send this in or is something amiss? Luckily I had it done last month so I can get it over to him ASAP but still.
Normal. It's needed for your medical record. If you're selected and commission, it's used to start the clock on your annual.

DesJensen

I went through MEPS almost a month ago and my recruiter just told me last Friday I had to have my Pap test done within 2 years (my last one was in 2020) and a doctors note to submit with my packet by March 8th (this Friday). Thankfully I was able to get an appointment in on Monday and the doctors/staff are being super helpful and doing their best to get everything done by Friday. Still pretty frustrated and crossing my fingers that everything will be done on time.