• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Look What I Found

Redux

Service grade, hand picked, makes me happy, happy, HAPPY!!!!!!!! Slicker than snot, 1955 vintage receiver and barrel, leaves almost 1/4" of Greek bullet sticking out. Test fired great, gotta get to the range within a week or two. Found locally from a guy that needed $650.00, he has another just as nice for you guys in the Peoples Repub of Maryland.

picture300oj9.jpg

picture310bw9.jpg

picture299hh0.jpg

picture303ls8.jpg

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
You really have to ask? Oh sweet jesus.

Do you have any idea what kind of car this is:

large_corvette_rear.jpg

I just need to know what kind of base line we are dealing with here.

LOL!!!!!!!

+1

Alright Gator let me help you out here. It was the primary service rifle in World War II. I'll let you google that then you can come back knowing you have gotten one step closer to manhood.

BullGator

Bevo:
I think its a Honda accord? That dang corvette emblem is confusing though. :icon_wink

I am not familiar with the M-series...yet. I know more about AK derivatives, shotguns, .22LR, and some pistols (9mm, .45). I plead ignorance! But I learned something.

Redux

Redux, you said the guy has another one?

Where exactly in Maryland?

He lives out Sharpsburg, near Antietam Battlefield Hagerstown area I think, I'm on the Shore so he met me somewhere in Howard County, really nice guy.

Redux

Springfield right? Who made the barrel?

Yup, it's a Springfield along with the barrel. It's in the 5.4 million range and the barrel is dated SA 1/55 so they might be a matched set??? :confused: Bore is like new.

The other he has is darker wood but the metal exterior is as good if not even better.

Redux

Bevo:
I think its a Honda accord? That dang corvette emblem is confusing though. :icon_wink

I am not familiar with the M-series...yet. I know more about AK derivatives, shotguns, .22LR, and some pistols (9mm, .45). I plead ignorance! But I learned something.

It's OK Gator, appreciate the honesty. They were pretty much relics when I enlisted in 69, we did field strip them in boot but carried 03 Springfields. They were carried by sailors on "sponson watches" in places like Hong Hong and Singapore but if memory serves me right they were M1A's not Garands but rechambered for 7.62x51. Memory is getting foggy on details. Ask A4's, I think he taught Springfield the first forging process. :)

Bevo16

pilot
My father deer hunts with his M-1. The last time we were at deer camp (this was a hunt sponsored on one of the south Texas ranches by an oil company), a bunch of the guys were making fun of him for having such an old rifle and thought it was stupid to hunt without a scope. Just at day-break, they were in the back of the truck on the way to their stands, and a big 12 point is walking through a clearing. The ranch hand who is driving the truck just stops and points and everyone in the back starts to scramble to get their rifles ready and my dad just stands up, and drops that big buck in it's tracks.

Nobody made fun of his rifle after that.