• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Loans

Status
Not open for further replies.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
I also was wondering about the low interest loans that they give to newly commissioned officers. Anyone know where to go to find out about those loans.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Marine Fed offers a pretty good loan for uniforms. Navy Mutual Aid gives $5000 to newly commissioned officers for 1 or 2%. You have to get their life insurance, though.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I commissioned, Navy FCU offered 18,000 at 1.75% (4yrs) and USAA offered up to $25,000 @ 4.9% (5 yrs). I took both (for some reason) and bought a truck, a bike, and paid off CCs, uniforms, PRK, and partied a lot my last semester. As a boot, about half my paycheck went to the loans + rent/utils.... so I wound up with about $1200/mo of my own money. Granted, I'd be rich w/o having those, but I was never hurting. If NFCU still offers their loan and you want a new Lt-mobile, you probably won't find a better rate.

/does it smell like sour milk in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.