• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Living in Pensacola, FL

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I truly hate it with a passion. I'm also coming from a Corpus mindset where SPID is simple, easy, wide, and no traffic.

However, the interchanges to get on the SPID are complicated, narrow, and jam packed full of moronic Texas drivers.... I hate the SPID...

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
However, the interchanges to get on the SPID are complicated, narrow, and jam packed full of moronic Texas drivers.... I hate the SPID...

Stop trying to talk sense into anyone who likes this "Texas" place...you've been here long enough to know better...

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
I truly hate it with a passion. I'm also coming from a Corpus mindset where SPID is simple, easy, wide, and no traffic.

What? At what hours of the day did you drive on the SPID? Because I do not remember it ever being easy or lacking traffic at any time.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The Island <-> NGP was a pretty cake drive 90% of the time. From other places? Not so much.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Compare Milton to Corpus. SPID = super easy, you could always do 80 up until X-town Expressway and the cops wouldn't even blink. Getting to and from work from the Island was pie and you could get to Brewster St., the Hooks, or any other downtown attraction very easily.

Now from Milton to Pensacola (because, let's be honest, there is NOTHING in Milton) - it's a 40-50 minute drive where you have to go down a construction laden Avalon, not to mention occasional traffic on 90 just to get there, and it's pretty slow on both roads. SPID could not have been easier. If you had a hard time getting on or off SPID it's because you either suck at driving or get overly nervous merging.

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
I just left Corpus 2 months ago after having been there for about 6 months... I assure you, me and all of my friends enjoyed it more than P'Cola/Milton (both times).

Calm down Francis.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I just left Corpus 2 months ago after having been there for about 6 months... I assure you, me and all of my friends enjoyed it more than P'Cola/Milton (both times).

Calm down Francis.

Are you sure we're talking about the same Pensacola? This is Pensacola, FL, right?

DanMa1156

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, Pensacola. I'll admit the downtown/Palafox area is nice, but, I loved my time in Corpus. I had a blast. The Hooks were always fun and cheap, the weather was always nice, the beach was a mile away, Brewster St. always had good music and good looking girls, and Austin, Houston and San Antonio were all just a weekend away.

I'll give you this - I have yet to be in Pensacola other than between November and March - both times so far. Maybe it's better in the summer, but I loved Corpus and I know all my friends that I moved with from there also prefer it.

KBayDog

Calm down Francis.

U-Mad-Bro.jpg