• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Little Equipment Help

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I can't speak for Kingsville, but in Meridian, the only thing we are issued is a PCL. No NATOPS, FTIs, Lecture guides, etc. They're all available in common spaces in the squadron/sim building, but otherwise you have to use the CNATRA website. It really blows in my opinion.

YGTBSM?! I find it hard to believe that this is a well known fact at CNATRA.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I'll say that when I went through the HT's I rarely looked at my hard-copy NATOPS. I used the PCL a lot for obvious reasons but 99% of my systems study was through all of the cbt's we had to do.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
It doesn't matter, you jet guys don't know NATOPS anyway you have that little handle that gets you out of every bad situation right? When in doubt, punch out!

draad

Actually the NATOPS and PCLs have even been taken off of ebriefs as of 2 weeks ago and now you can only access the e-copies via a CAC enabled computer. No more downloading them for your iPad unfortunately unless you already have the pdf's (luckily I saved mine the day I found out about ebriefs)

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Actually the NATOPS and PCLs have even been taken off of ebriefs as of 2 weeks ago and now you can only access the e-copies via a CAC enabled computer. No more downloading them for your iPad unfortunately unless you already have the pdf's (luckily I saved mine the day I found out about ebriefs)

Go to that website that has all the NATOPS. Download the one you want. Burn it onto a CD. Take it home and load it onto your iPad.

That was easy.

jtmedli

pilot

....OR just look on the various gouge sites. That's where I got my updated copy of the NATOPs.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I actually had to go buy one in order to do this. Can someone tell me again why we don't use the same removable media as the rest of the first world?
Isn't it obvious? If you force people to use CDs then they can't possibly download information they're not supposed to or contaminate a computer with a virus . . .

KBayDog

I actually had to go buy one in order to do this. Can someone tell me again why we don't use the same removable media as the rest of the first world?

Sounds like somebody needs to do his annual monthly whenever the -6 demands it (always at the most inconvenient times) IA training.

(Oh, make sure you print out the completion certificate...)