• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Limited Duty Officer

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Even in the 160TH SOAR?

If they get rid of the Little Birds we are in some serious trouble! The Kiowa Warrior and the Little Birds get in the face of the enemy and they kill people that deserve to die!! I can't imagine the Army without the scout community.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Anybody heard of or know if it is possible for an Army Warrant to apply for the LDO program?
Are LDOs still flying? Are they NFO positions only?
Thanks

I think the program you were thinking of was the Flying Warrant Officer program that the Navy was recently doing. Unfortunately it looks like that program is gone now. The existing CWO's are being converted to LT's. At least the one's I know are. I would look in to getting a bachelors degree if that is possible for you. I've seen a few prior Army CWO's that made the switch to Navy, but I think all of them had bachelors degrees. One of them was at the HT's when I went through, and I believe there was one flying at HSC-84 a little while back.

Coota0

None
What time frame are they talking about? I was just working as an Army Civil Servant on the Army RESET program and we have done tons of KW's over the past could of years. Heck, we have even taken crash battle / damaged aircraft out of ISU-90's and basically built them from scratch around an existing ID plate.

I find it hard to believe that they are going to do away with KW's anytime soon. The Army leans on these aircraft to do way too much to throw them under the rug. Heck, they even have fox models in the air right now!

Word I got from my bosses is 5 years with the flight school classes ending in the next couple of years. It will probably take seven to ten years in actuality. I don't know the reasoning on getting rid of us.

Are you a Chief Warrant Officer? If so, do you have your degree? Awhile back the Navy Reserve was looking for 60 drivers and they talked to my buddy who is a CW-3 60 driver. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a bachelors so it was a no go. Other than that, they really wanted him. They told him he would convert to an 02-E. I also know a couple of Army helo bubbas who went to the CG. I think they require that you have less than 10 years active or 14 years active/reserve combined time.

Guilty on all counts.

Bam Bam

FTS AMDO
Word I got from my bosses is 5 years with the flight school classes ending in the next couple of years. It will probably take seven to ten years in actuality. I don't know the reasoning on getting rid of us.

Guilty on all counts.

Man! I'm sorry to hear that. I have a few friends who are KW pilots. Hopefully you can put in for an airframe transfer. Can you try to get on the Lakota? That’s a great program to be on since it’s a COTS aircraft and a lot of life flight type companies fly them.
I’m sure you're super busy but try and knock out a bachelor’s degree while you’re still active. 100% TA is an incredible deal! I took a bunch of dantes and CLEPS and that lightened the course load a bunch.

Good luck man!