• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lifestyles???

KBayDog

Killer2 said:
I said be away from family(read: deployments) When I went to sleep on 9/10 I expected nothing more than my class at 9:35 not 9/11

It's called "I was being facetious."

NFOKP

Killer2 said:
I said be away from family(read: deployments) When I went to sleep on 9/10 I expected nothing more than my class at 9:35 not 9/11

I was on deployment on 9/11, and to get back to the original thread question...no, the Air Force doesn't have boats, sorry. The Marines do get to ride in them though. Land is overrated. You haven't lived until you've been on the water for months. The bells ring every half hour. Does the Air Force have bells? Does the Air Force even know what the bells are for? Quite frankly, I think the Air Force is scared of bells, maybe tradition too. And if it doesn't have bells and tradition it shouldn't be called a service!

NFOKP

RetreadRand said:
The Air force has "dining facilities" though...
Can we retititle this thread to "reasons not to join the Air Force"?

I don't know, "dining facilites" does sound a bit nicer than mess decks.

KBayDog

NFOKP said:
I don't know, "dining facilites" does sound a bit nicer than mess decks.

"Dining Facilities" (just like "dorms") sounds like "Bells and Whistles," which (by default) makes the Air Force a "Service."

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Sorry I was changing the batteries on my sarcasm detector. I should follow the warning...
Do Not read AW without fully charged batteries. Faliure to do so may result in bad rep points.

It's called "I was being facetious."
Somebody's putting to good use their word-a-day dictionary.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
SO I can't fight dragons, but when I get the Butter Bars I can have a word -a- day dictionary. Sweet

KBayDog

Killer2 said:
SO I can't fight dragons, but when I get the Butter Bars I can have a word -a- day dictionary. Sweet

It's standard issue at TBS, and comprises 100% of the curriculum. They hold your hand for the first six months; the final six months of the dictionary is self-paced.

BTW, if you go Fox or Alpha, expect to buy two years' worth of Word-a-Day dictionaries.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Man Kbay that is a sweet deal. Who needs a dining facility when you can have all this.

So if I study that dictionary will it increase my chance of getting jets as a Marine NFO?

NFOKP

KBayDog said:
"Dining Facilities" (just like "dorms") sounds like "Bells and Whistles," which (by default) makes the Air Force a "Service."

Then the Air Force is a service. I stand corrected. But can they kill dragons? And if they can who is going to take them there? The Navy's amphibs are already packed with dragon fighters and dictionarys.