• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lifestyle MV-22 Osprey Pilot?

J

JJax107

I will tell you why you got the "disrespectful responses."

fc2spyguy told you: "I'd do a search and come back with some more specific questions."

To which you replied that you did a quick look, couldn't find anything and said "I'll be waiting or just PM me "

fc2spyguy then told you: "If you put 'lifestyle' into the search you'll find a myriad of things."

Then things went downhill with you just digging a deeper hole and talking shit to people who were all basically saying the same thing: "Do a little research and come back with questions a little less broad than 'lifestyle'."

At some point in there, phrogdriver actually answered a lot of your questions, and if you would have waited around for him to answer your second set, you would probably be golden.
--
You have a point, that maybe too many questions are answered with "use the search!" and a lot of that info is dated, however your entire tone says that you didn't really bother to even do basic research. Maybe you did, but that's what I got from the way you presented yourself.

Which brings me to: The way you present yourself. As a someone looking to become an officer, you should try and present yourself as a professional. On the internet (or with e-mail), you are almost completely judged based on the way you write.

I'm not saying you should be an english major or that everything needs to be perfect, just that maybe if you slowed down a bit and capitalized a few words here and there, and threw a few pieces of punctuation in, you might get more of a favorable response.
---
I hope that also answered your PM, if it didn't let me know and I will try again.

Of course I did a search. Its why I didnt start a thread on lifestyle of 'jet pilot' or 'c-130 pilot' instead lol. my second set of questions were my specific questions. once again doing a search brings up mostly jets and/or C-130 lifestyle info from 2005 or before, which is almost decade ago. very little info on helicopter pilots and none on Osprey pilots in general or the tilt-rotor pilot lifestyle. I want to know from personal experience and observation a day in the life of a Osprey pilot. Not just the mission on what the aircraft can do, which i can get from the Marines website. Things youre not going to see in a brochure or website. Things a recruiter or OSO wont tell you etc. Now 'phrogdriver' did a great job answering my first set of questions. since he seems to be the only Osprey pilot on this site, this 2nd set was really meant for him.

and btw thanks for the advice

JJax, you're an idiot dude. Probably time to take a breather from the site.

thanks for caring. but i think i will stay on, im a natural leader, so its just not in me to run away from my problems.

Where DO we get such trolls?

? im not sure what you mean. ive never been a member of this site before. any info you want to find out about it is all in my profile. if you want my facebook or want to talk to me on cell phone you can do that as well. im up front with who I am and everything I do, ill have it no other way

I thought the second post in this thread answered the question ...

It wasnt a serious response. It was meant as joke, which was totally understood by me. lol

J

JJax107

That's all well and good, but do you have the "resolve of an aircraft carrier". If not....

Not sure what you totally mean by this statement. But yes, I have good idea about the lifestyle on an aircraft carrier. Based on PERSONAL testimony from people I know (lol which Im trying to get right now from an Osprey pilot or individuals close to one) and watching different shows and documentaries.

phrogpilot73

pre-internet stuff?? WTF guys cmon LOL!!!!??? im not looking for answers and what a helicopter/tilt rotor guy did in jurassic park or vietnam days. its new decade and its 2011 and military is constantly changing. i want real world responses from guys who have been there and their CURRENT experience and what to expect TODAY and for this decade. not what someone did during civil war lol. all these posts you guys are talking about are from 2000-2006...cmon now. thanks but no thanks
I am currently a pilot in a helicopter squadron in the Marine Corps. One that is transitioning to the Osprey eventually. I read through the "outdated" information and it seemed pretty valid to me. You, on the other hand - didn't reference the thread, ask what has changed if anything, or even ask a thought provoking question. You TOLD us that YOU needed information, and that you were waiting for it. Sorry bud. I have more important things to do with my life than simply spoonfeed a wannabe - who hasn't even proven he can complete OCS yet.

Here's a little hint - those with wings under their usernames are people who have earned them in real life. And in case you want to keep track, you've been disrespectful towards a Maj and a Capt in the USMC. If you think this is an "anonymous internet forum", just ask OttoWrote8 how "anonymous" he felt in OCS.

My suggestion to you? Go back through, re-read the old, outdated New York vs. Los Angeles threads that you know SO MUCH about, and ask SPECIFIC questions. Reference the thread with a link showing that you've actually read through them. Then it will show initiative on your part, and if you're a little less cocky MAYBE people will be more helpful. That is, after you've taken a week's vacation.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Wow! I just gave Otto rep for the awesome cross-thread reference.

JJax107 - it's not like we get paid to be your information bitch. We do this a favor to the general public. You act like an ass and make demands - you'll get nothing but grief and ridicule. And BTW - you're not a natural leader. You are a douche bag with an inflated opinion of yourself and somehow you got the idea we owe you something. So basically - FUCK OFF. Phrog only banned you for 7 days - I'd have banned you permanently.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could it be...

Ya know, I be thinkin' that JJax107 and hipfinnsy are the same Dude/Dudette??? Same vernacular, same narcissm, same persistance, same "multi-dimensial thinking", similar RESOLVE! Could be a new AW record... "first AW poster to be banned under different names in the same month"?:confused:
BzB

Edit: JJax signed onto AW about the same time that hipster got banned! Coincidence?

FlyinRock

oh man you are kidding yourself. ...."im a natural leader..." and you continue to aggravate the long time professionals on this forum? Your general tone and attitude indicates to me you are stuck in your teens and have a long way to go before you get any respect from the people on this board. Do you have any military experience or in any kind of team activity? It doesn't appear that way. Do you have any flying experience as either a student or as a pilot? Don't think so. Your arrogance is insufferable and unsupportable.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK

+1

I joined this forum as a way to get information on the life I am about to start and insight from those who have done it before me (it worked pretty well I might add, probably due to the fact that I did the exact opposite of people like the OP). Lately I have found more value in this site as a source of entertainment rather than information largely due to threads like this one; why can't these people spend a week or so lurking as a guest before coming in with a chip on their shoulder and posting ridiculous statements, asking an already answered question(s), or asking a question that is almost too vague to be answered?

Also, Google Chrome Browser has a decent, built in spell checker; it won't keep stupid out, but at least stupid can be spelled correctly XD.

81montedriver

pilot
are you a c-130 pilot? wait lemme guess youve posted the answer to this somewhere in the archives LOL

haha yes I am. I fly the KC-130J. I am also a Marine Officer and a Naval Aviator. Now, I didn't get to where I am by being a whiny little bitch and flipping out whenever somebody gave me constructive criticism. I got to where I am by having initiative, determination and a strive to constantly improve. But most of all I have THICK SKIN. Something that you have very little of.

My quote that I left for you was word for word the Marine Corps assigned mission of the Osprey, which I do believe you asked for specifically. We all tried to help you but the second you thought you were better than everyone on here YOU FAILED. If this is any indication of the type of person you are, you will not only not end up in the Corps, but it's more likely you will end up serving stoned college kids as a Taco Bell manager.

It's quite funny the attrition rate on here recently for new joins. O well!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
..... if you're a little less cocky MAYBE people will be more helpful. That is, after you've taken a week's vacation.
This thread is so beautiful ... *sniff* ... I'm weeping ... weeping ...

Weeping tears of joy ... see me weep tears of joy:

a4seviltwinsmall.jpg

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Well shit, it's been a while since we've had ourselves an entertaining thread. Too busy and tired from FCFs all day yesterday otherwise I would've thrown a couple pennies in the mix had I logged on.

JJax...nevermind