• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lifestyle MV-22 Osprey Pilot?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I hear ya talking, but my questions also asked for a link. Because I did search and couldn't find what I'm looking for. Lots on the lifestyle of c-130 pilots and jets. But not helos or
props. I'll be waiting or just PM me

Ok, how about this. In roughly 30 seconds I was able to find no less than two threads involving the lifestyle of helo guys. If you put 'lifestyle' into the search you'll find a myriad of things. Things from how AF/Navy/Marines are different, to jets/props/helos. If you look around page 7 there is one that includes a whole bunch of input. Interestingly enough you also find some posts regarding a manatee . . .

phrogpilot73

Ok, how about this. In roughly 30 seconds I was able to find no less than two threads involving the lifestyle of helo guys. If you put 'lifestyle' into the search you'll find a myriad of things. Things from how AF/Navy/Marines are different, to jets/props/helos. If you look around page 7 there is one that includes a whole bunch of input. Interestingly enough you also find some posts regarding a manatee . . .
Why should he go all the way to page 7? He'll just wait around for us to tell him, or for us to send him a PM.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Hell, a search of the site for manatee has 5 pages of results! Why should he have to filter through all of those pages? Just type up a short summary (no more than 3 pages) and shoot it to him in a pm.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Come to think of it, it'd be funny if someone looking for legit marine biology information ended up on this site by accident after typing "manatee" on the search bar.

J

JJax107

"Support the MAGTF commander by providing tactical mobility and logistical support for the MAGTF, day or night, in all weather conditions by conducting mission essential tasks, which include shipboard operations, sea and air deployment operations, air assault, amphibious assaults and raids, distribution of supplies and other transport services, joint personnel recovery, and conduct of noncombatant evacuation."

There you go. Amazing what a quick search will find you.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight so type..... "Support the MAGTF commander by providing tactical mobility and logistical support for the MAGTF, day or night, in all weather conditions by conducting mission essential tasks, which include shipboard operations, sea and air deployment operations, air assault, amphibious assaults and raids, distribution of supplies and other transport services, joint personnel recovery, and conduct of noncombatant evacuation."....
in the search engine. lol cmon dude im not looking for politically correct responses. want someone with real world personal experience. hence the name forum. youre right i can find that answer on the internet. but im looking for for actual personal knowledge. if you dont have it then DONT respond. period

in

Treetop Flyer

pilot
This isn't going to end well for you. You might consider editing that post, then spending some time searching and lurking.

J

JJax107

I guess we should just spoon feed you everything, huh? Amazingly enough - I found out a lot of this stuff pre-Internet days...

Don't hold your breath waiting for me to answer or to PM you. It's on this website - just search.

pre-internet stuff?? WTF guys cmon LOL!!!!??? im not looking for answers and what a helicopter/tilt rotor guy did in jurassic park or vietnam days. its new decade and its 2011 and military is constantly changing. i want real world responses from guys who have been there and their CURRENT experience and what to expect TODAY and for this decade. not what someone did during civil war lol. all these posts you guys are talking about are from 2000-2006...cmon now. thanks but no thanks

come on my boy!!?? check the year on those original threads as well. still waiting on my answer. anybody else??

Treetop Flyer

pilot
JJax107 said:
come on my boy!!?? check the year on those original threads as well. when i find something 2010 or after im good. until then im still waiting on my answer

I have a feeling you're going to be waiting a long time, my boy. LOL JK BFF TTYL WTF bro

J

JJax107

This isn't going to end well for you. You might consider editing that post, then spending some time searching and lurking.

what do you mean its not gonna end well for me. im just tired of seeing new guys come here with legitimate questions and all someone as to say 'search this' or 'or this is has already been talked about in a 1960 thread'. things change man...and bottomline is theres not as much info out there for tilt rotor/Osprey pilots, in comparison to rotor wing and fixed. period. basically what you guys are telling me is see what helicopters pilots do and half that stuff those threads are before 2005. this is a new decade so alot of same questions on here need to be repeated. mv-22 is rather new, so alot of new threads on their lifestyle and aircraft need to be started since they really just started to be in combat last couple year. if you dont have the answers or cant help, dont respond. im just saying.

J

JJax107

Somewhere, A-4's is weeping for the future.

Fuck searching for Osprey lifestyles, here are a few searches you might want to try on: Grammar, Punctuation, and how not to come off like a douchenozzle.

its the internet not English class lol. am i cocky? yea a little bit, definitely something i need to work on. but why am i considered a douche, but not the people who are giving disrespectful responses. i started a thread about lifestyle of specific aircraft. and the only relevant response as been from 'phrogdriver'. maybe because hes the only Osprey pilot actually on here??

sorry to come off as disrespectful on this thread i created. just getting frustrated with lack of information or outdated information. if you have actual experience relevant to my questions please respond. thought these may be similar my thread isnt about lifestyle of cobra or huey pilot, or what helicopter pilot does in Navy. thats like asking in 2011 what is christmas like in new york city and telling me to look at london, paris, chicago, or LA. or "to watch the 'home alone 2' movie to find out, it already shows you". it may give me an idea but im not getting a realistic idea on what its like, unless its someone that lives in new york. hope this example helps.
and to all the people sending messages and giving bad reputation saying i need to do 'so and so' before OCS, please stop it. no need for personal attacks. no one goes into OCS perfect, or we all wouldnt need it. thats like saying dont go to church until you stop sinning. from a individual standpoint thats ONE of reasons why you join Marines or go OCS to make you better person, and to strengthen where youre weak and enhance what youre already good at. im the first to admit im not totally perfect or dont always do things the 'correct' way, but the one who is cast the first the stone. we have things we have to work on, so save the judgements. and thanks for the individuals who are giving me information i need.

respectfully

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I will tell you why you got the "disrespectful responses."

fc2spyguy told you: "I'd do a search and come back with some more specific questions."

To which you replied that you did a quick look, couldn't find anything and said "I'll be waiting or just PM me "

fc2spyguy then told you: "If you put 'lifestyle' into the search you'll find a myriad of things."

Then things went downhill with you just digging a deeper hole and talking shit to people who were all basically saying the same thing: "Do a little research and come back with questions a little less broad than 'lifestyle'."

At some point in there, phrogdriver actually answered a lot of your questions, and if you would have waited around for him to answer your second set, you would probably be golden.
--
You have a point, that maybe too many questions are answered with "use the search!" and a lot of that info is dated, however your entire tone says that you didn't really bother to even do basic research. Maybe you did, but that's what I got from the way you presented yourself.

Which brings me to: The way you present yourself. As a someone looking to become an officer, you should try and present yourself as a professional. On the internet (or with e-mail), you are almost completely judged based on the way you write.

I'm not saying you should be an english major or that everything needs to be perfect, just that maybe if you slowed down a bit and capitalized a few words here and there, and threw a few pieces of punctuation in, you might get more of a favorable response.
---
I hope that also answered your PM, if it didn't let me know and I will try again.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
JJax, you're an idiot dude. Probably time to take a breather from the site.