• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Life is good.....

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Kuhio Beach is/was your on-call duty station ???

Your condo is nestled right in where a bunch of our quee .... ah, 'more flamboyant' flight attendants lived ... :eek:

So much ALOHA.

I think you're onto something sir. They must have lived a few doors over and taken a similar route to the same beach.

workn.jpg
pencil.png

MasterBates

HAL, you have me somewhat reconsidering this "Airlines, Meh" thought process I've been having lately.

Of course, I'll probably end up at AirWiz being FO to some ERAU wunderkid who has less total time than I have time behind the boat.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
And luckily, A4's happy friends and co-workers don't seem to hang out at the beach. And as you can see, I avoid the OU Alumni Club in my travels....

beachl.png

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Yes, usually a 12 hour reserve availability and we're old school at Hawaiian. 8 hours prior to show.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yes, usually a 12 hour reserve availability and we're old school at Hawaiian. 8 hours prior to shop.
We ran the whole gamut of 'legalities' ... not FAA, but 'company rules'.

During the course of my airline wanderings ... we had 24 hour, 12 hour, and, of course 8 hour B-T-T limitations. The 24 hour restriction effectively made you 'dry' and/or 'illegal' on most trips if you imbibed -- it could make a 13 day Orient trip seem like an eternity.
The fix?? We just became more creative & 'hid it' mo' bettah on a 24 hour set of 'rules'. How do you think we discovered so many out of the way bars & noodle shops ??? :)

In reality, unless it became a 'problem' or the Company was gunning for you for something else and could use that as an 'excuse' -- everyone looked the other way. The Company even had beer machines in the hallways on every floor in the NRT crew hotel. In the middle of the night, you could hear empty cans go 'tinkling' down the hall to the trash cans. :icon_wink

The HMFIC once made an inspection trip -- pointed to the beer machines & said 'what the hell are THESE doing here' -- the Jap-anese hotel manager showed him the $$$$ report from the machines -- the machines stayed. :)

Truth ... justice ... and the American Way.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
12 hour reserve period with a 3 hour call out and your show time has to be within your availability period. So if you're 0400-1600 so you're good to drink at 1301 because with 3 hours, your show is 1601.

8 hours prior to show. 0400 is the start of your availability so earliest show is 0700 so you can drink until 2300.

Theoretically.....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
12 hour reserve period with a 3 hour call out and your show time has to be within your availability period. So if you're 0400-1600 so you're good to drink at 1301 because with 3 hours, your show is 1601.

8 hours prior to show. 0400 is the start of your availability so earliest show is 0700 so you can drink until 2300.

Theoretically.....
HAL ... you make just takin' a drink on a trip or reserve sound so hard ... if you keep it up, none of these guys will EVER want to be airline pilots. Right .... :)

We'd see the narcs comin' in the front door while we were runnin' out the back door of the saloon to flag a cab. Game over.

Seriously ... this happened more than once. :D

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Yeah...how am I supposed to keep my blood-alcohol level in the green when I can only drink 12 hours a day while sitting reserve. Life is so unfair!