• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Life at OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
To second what UORBulldog mentioned, don't buy the 8 hour a night deal. Atleast, I never got it. Sure, you can sleep all 8 of those hours, no one is going to stop you, but you won't have any of your other things ready to go. Personally, this is what I did. I just got back on friday from Jrs, so take it for what it's worth...

My last name starts with a W so I was near the duty hut to begin with which I thought was going to suck at first, but turned out to be great. Anyways, every morning starting at 0400, fire watch banged on the bulkhead by the duty hut at 5 min intervals. I would wait til he said, "Good morning, rank, the time on deck is 0415", and then I'd get up and shave, put up my laundry that I had gotten washed that night, and brushed my teeth. If it was a running day (which it usually was) for PT, I'd try and drop a deuce if you know what I mean. By the time I was finished with all of that, it would be about 0435. Then, I got dressed in everything and laid back down on my rack, with my feet hanging off to the side. No boots on in the rack! That way, whenever they called lights, all I had to do is jump on line. I heard one candidate say, "an ounce of preperation saves a pound of heartache." That was my way of making sure my stuff was good to go for the day. Whatever routine you choose, just stick with it and the body will adjust. Good luck to all!

Killer2

TRONS!
None
EA-6B you got it man. Thats what this is all about. For those of you that thought that you were getting 8 hrs when you left forget about it. This is supposed to teach you time management. When you go back to Srs. don't forget the lessons you have learned because there you hit the ground running.

You know you have to read between the lines at OCS. Staying awake in class, having cand. bang on the duty hut at 0400. All games that are supposed to test your ability to make it as future officers of Marines. Congrats to all you who made it.

One question I hear they have 5 companies at OCS now what the hell is up with that. That many more people or they spread juniors out or what? Alpha, Charlie, Echo, India, Kilo?

As far as I know, Golf Co. is all NROTC, at least 1st incr. I have 363 days until my OCS (2nd incr., 2005)... any suggestions for PT, knowledge, prep? My PFT score should be close to 290 this summer, however, I have just come off a foot injury, so my run time sucks right now. Are there any suggestions for adapting to the VA summer since I have to go 2nd next year since I'm a female?

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I got close to 8 hours of sleep. If not 8 it was close to 7 (not including firewatch). I do hear that is a change from years past when you got messed with after lights out by the staff. If you take notes in class I found it helped with staying awake and knowledge retention. I didn't lose one minute of sleep for knowledge and graduated juniors with a 92% academic GPA. Sleep was way to precious. Our platoon staff didn't allow us to get out of the rack dressed. They called us "cheaters" and made us undress if we had more than PT gear and socks on at lights. Anyone have any idea where we can get squad in the O gouge for seniors?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
When I went to Sr's (2nd Inc '01) we didn't have enough to make an Echo Co so we were absorbed by Golf.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
I actually have a schedual that was 04 06 11
0500 Lights
0530 Transitional Training
0610 Chow
0700 Admin Movement
0730 Compass Course
1030 Camoflauge, Cover, Concealment/Tactics
1230 IMC (Individual Movement Course)
1630 Chow
1730 Hair cut/px
2000 hygiene
2030 Freetime
2100 lights out

this is not a typical training day tho, normaly you will have a few classes a day, and Transitional Training gets taken over by company commanders time which is pretty much the same thing, but on test days u get to study.

flyinsioux

DocT dont worry about squad in the O gouge its easy, so was SULE II. Just enjoy your time away from OCS and you will do fine next summer. You should have gone the the ten weeks and gotten it over with but you 6 weekers wanted to go on the feild trips and be nasty while the ten weekers were in hell the entire ten weeks

Clux4

Banned
Speaking of which, The Silent Drill Team evening performance was awesome. We also got a helo ride around brown field. :D

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
Clux4 said:
Speaking of which, The Silent Drill Team evening performance was awesome. We also got a helo ride around brown field. :D

WTF??? r u first or 2nd Inc? I was K/3 1st inc and they canceled our helo ride. what did u guys fly in 46??

fantome7

Roger that FLYINSIOUX those 6 week guys get all that trash so they'll come back for more the next summer. We didnt get a helo ride or nice trip to DC, just a whole lot of one on one with our Plt Sgts/ Sgt insts. Im glad I did the 10 weeks, one shot one kill man. I couldnt imagine sitting through a school year having to think about going back. I got a quick question, I was on the OCS website and saw pictures of a company on the PT field and there were guys there with long hair??? Whats up with this anyone know?
Val Trujillo
[B]Charlie Co 3rd plt USMC OCS summer 03
"Aye Candidate KILL!!"
[/B]

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Hey this 6 week candidate didn't get any helo ride in Kilo. I can't wait to just "git 'er done". Beers to all you ten weekers, the rest of you...next summer.
"Yoo Hoo, Candidate Snugglenuts!"

Status
Not open for further replies.