• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Licenses after winging

Status
Not open for further replies.

nugget81

pilot
Mefesto said:
The initial check ride (oral and practical) must be done at your local FSDO.

Intial CFI applicants have two options for the checkride - as stated above the FAA will do the checkride (at no cost) or one can seek out a Designated Examiner (DE). DE's will typically charge anywhere from $450 to whatever they please, and they have the reputation of being rather difficult. The DE at my local airport was very proud of the fact that he had a 14% pass rate....needless to say I decided not to fly with him.

lance

New to me as well. Initial CFI applicant as far as i know must take a check ride with the FEDS.

{Of course you could always try to Schedule a ride on December 24th and if nowbodys going to be in, then they must recommend a DE.--know the game play the game-- haha}

nugget81

pilot
lance2 said:
Initial CFI applicant as far as i know must take a check ride with the FEDS.
This may still be the case then. At the local FSDO (not in ND), they will never, and I mean never, do checkrides. They claim to be too busy. However, I don't recall ever asking for or receiving a recommendation for a DE...

Singer6

Konichiwa *****es
Two questions.

One: How many multi engine hours do you need for the rating?

Two: I thought they got rid of the asymmetric thrust qualifier a year ago or so. I didn't think there were sub categories of multi engine ratings.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
14 months out of T-2's and she wouldn't rate me my multi stamp. She said if I would get 10 more they would grant me the rating. Oh well, win some lose some.

Status
Not open for further replies.