• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Liberals and Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

Originally posted by Taxman2A
Originally posted by kimphil

PPS -- Again with the personal swipes. The suggestion that I consider a career in academics ("English Professor", I'll take that as a compliment), questioning my motivations for wanting to be an Marine Officer, etc. You can dish it out but can't take it. Poor rationalizations refuted by insults. In the future, I'd suggest you take shots at my personal appearance for a change. I'm really look quite hideous if you ever meet me.

Saying that you should consider going into another career is not an insult, nor was it intended to be. Anyone who attempts to degrade another person by recommending that they enter a good paying profession which will earn them respect for their intellect should best stay out of the insult game altogether.
However, From what I have gathered from your posts you seem far more willing to defend your own personal politics than your country.
I do understand that this forum is mainly filled with conservatives, which puts you on the defensive end sooner than you most likely would be in other circumstances.

At any rate- you have made your politics very clear to everyone-In response to Jesus's politics though-
Jesus WAS Jewish as you said.
Today, many Jews are Democrats, as you also said. However, also, Jews today also disavow the belief that Jesus was the son of God.
That being said, would Jesus be a Jew if he were alive today? I would vote no- that he would be a Christian.
Most carpenters I know are Republican.
All Christian carpenters I know are Republican.

You are also defending your own personal politics...or is ranting on a forum your form of defense of country. Are you questioning KImphil's loyalty to the U.S.? If so speak up and say it. For your sake. I hope you don't go questioning other Marine's and Sailor's loyalty when they differ from your views.

If Jesus were alive today would he be a carpenter? Would he pick political sides? Would he participate in (both sides) political party corruption? Would he support war? You do not know the answer to any of these questions... Stop using the Jesus card to try to make your arguement sound better. That is rather reckless. quit the "Appeal to Higher Authority aarguement. and stop being so sanctimonious

klostman

the happy dance!
kimphil, this thread started off as a joke. Look what you turned it in to. I swear, everytime you see the slightest bashing of liberals,(even if its a joke) you feel like you have to be the sole defender of the treehuggers and jump in and save the day. And you just couldn't resist throwing in your stupid Iraq/Pakistan quiz. Gee kimphil, you just opened all our eyes and shed some light about Pakistan with that quiz. Believe it or not, I respect your views and ways. Nor do I question your motivations for becoming a Marine Corps Officer. However, I don't particularly like your ignorant, I know everything about politics attitude while you bash everyone else and their opinions. I've read many of your posts and you seem to cause arguments, and then tell everyone their argument is not valid enough for you. Oh, and I love how you try and ooohhh and aahhhh us with your amazing knowledge of the world and politics. Like we give a s*$%! People on this forum are trying to get important information towards becoming Naval Officers and Marine Corps Officers/and help others. Not recieve political enlightenment from you. Why don't you quit being on the defensive side and work on your PFT or something.

ghost_ttu

Well I take the PFT for the AFROTC scholarship on 12 April. I will find out sometime in July if I receive that scholarship. If I do not, I will apply for POC allocation in the fall without scholarship. If that does not go through I will enroll as a 3 year cadet and play my cards from graduate school and ROTC and see what happens. So I guess I just have to say at this point I don't have much information other than I'm doing my best and workingout to prepare for that PFT.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

kimphil

Hey if people are going to bash liberals (even in fun) I'm going to defend them. I agree with goliath112 about dropping discussions on Jesus, it was fun but now its getting scary and inappropriate. Contrary to another post, I'm not privy to secret intel, my knowledge of current events is from the public domain. I believe a good citizen should keep informed and I do my best to do so. No shame there.

BTW, I'm busting my ass doing PT. My PFT is about 250 and I project I'll be at 270 by the end of the month. How's your PFT?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Originally posted by Goliath112

"You are also defending your own personal politics...or is ranting on a forum your form of defense of country. Are you questioning Kimphil's loyalty to the U.S.? If so speak up and say it. For your sake. I hope you don't go questioning other Marine's and Sailor's loyalty when they differ from your views. "

I am certainly not challenging his loyalty to the US. Also, Kimphil's political beliefs, in and of themselves give me no reason to question his committment to serving as a Marine Officer. The only thing which made me question his motivation originally was based on reading one of his posts from the "War on Iraq" thread that was posted a long time ago where he talked about questioning orders given to him from his Commander-in-Chief, who he didn't vote for, and therefore shouldn't have to follow. This is what I meant when I refered to kimphil as being against "US military policy in general", and it is also what I meant when I referred to kimphil as being more ready to defend his own politics before his country

However- giving Kimphil the benefit of the doubt- looking back at the post in question I realize he may have been referring to silently not agreeing with the President while still obeying his orders. This statement of questioning orders is my basis for challenging in the first place- not his liberal beliefs.

As for other Marines or Sailors-
If one of them were to express to me that they would not obey any order from their commander in chief- then yes, I would be forced to question their loyalty to the Corps.

Originally posted by Goliath112
"If Jesus were alive today would he be a carpenter? Would he pick political sides? Would he participate in (both sides) political party corruption? Would he support war? You do not know the answer to any of these questions... Stop using the Jesus card to try to make your arguement sound better. That is rather reckless. quit the "Appeal to Higher Authority aarguement. and stop being so sanctimonious"

Inferring any sort of seriousness from this Jesus argument is friggin rediculous. The whole Jesus thing started out as a joke from Kimphil and DaVinci which was loosely based off of kimphil's signature which is a joke about how Jesus would drive a truck because he was a carpenter. The basis of your reply is you trying to make me realize that there is no way you can know how Jesus would behave politically.
Don't you get it? That's the entire joke.

You know, just like Kimphil's signature saying that Jesus would drive a truck is a joke? Notice how most of the time we "argue" about Jesus on this thread there are little smiley faces next to our arguments?

Also, before you accuse me of being "so sanctimonious", take a moment to read the other two people on this thread who have been partaking in this same "argument". Before we start making any sort of arguments from higher authority, wouldn't there have to be an underlying premise that we are Christians? I have no idea what anyone on this board's religious affiliation is, and to make any sort of religious argument anywhere but a religious setting among others of the same religious denomination is as friggin rediculous as thinking this was serious in the first place.

ghost_ttu

Just for the record, if anyone was in doubt, I am a Christian, and although I was raised southern Baptist, I prefer to worship in a church that offers a contemporary service. Glad I could clear that up. :)

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

kimphil

Let's move on and make fun of easier targets...like the Air Force or the French!
party_125.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

Status
Not open for further replies.