• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Liberals and Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.

airwinger

pilot
(swiped this off www.hownowcow.com)
Subject: Liberals and Conservatives

DEBATING THE WAR ON TERROR

Question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Marine Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
Click-Clatter-Snap! (Empty magazine ejects and fresh reload slams home.)

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"

Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!"

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
NICE
spin_125.gif

kimphil

Where's the smoking gun? I heard Powell's speech to the UN and he didn't convince anyone, liberal or conservative, how Iraq was an immenent danger to the USA. Your analogy doesn't apply.

BTW, Here's something you can chew.

Which country actively had contact and aided the Taliban and Al-Qaeda pre-9/11?
(a) Iraq (b) Pakistan

Which country supports guerilla separtists (ie terrorists) in Kashimir?
(a) Iraq (b) Pakistan

Which country still harbors Al-Qaeda terrorists to this day?
(a) Iraq (b) Pakistan

Which country ACTUALLY has nuclear weapons and has sold that technology to another terrorist state?
(a) Iraq (b) Pakistan

Which country is our ally?
(a) Iraq (b) Pakistan

The answer to all those questions is (b).

Now rationalize, according to your analogy, why we shouldn't be kicking the SH*T out of Pakistan instead if Iraq?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What would Jesus drive?"

Duh. A truck -- Jesus was a carpenter.

kimphil

Originally posted by DaVinci
Kimphil,

I think Jesus was Repulican......most carpenters I know are....

I think most housing construction is done by, shall we say, "undocumented workers". Not likely that they're Republicans.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
You won't find too many carpenters that are undocumented. Carpenters are skilled laborers, and just like DaVinci said, most of the ones I've met (and worked with) are Republican.

Rainman

pilot
I'm not high enough in the U.S. intelligence data stream to know if Pakistan "harbors" terrorists. Based on unrestricted government publications, I'd have to disagree with that characterization.

Having an undisputed terrorist within the confines of ones country (like that Muhammad guy that just got nabbed) isn't the same as harboring. Is the U.S. harboring terrorists? According to our government, the Pakistani government has been helpful in the cause to root out evil and terror cells.

ghost_ttu

I'm much more simple. Republicans tend to want to spend more money on military. That means giving a better chance for those in the military to do their duty without dying. It also means higher salaries for those in the military. Since I plan on having a military career, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out which direction I want to vote.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

ghost_ttu

I thought this was good, we'll put it here:

THIS WILL OPEN YOUR EYES. By Paul Harvey

Conveniently Forgotten Facts Back in 1969 a group of Black Panthers decided that a fellow black panther named...Alex Rackley needed to die. Rackley was suspected of disloyalty. Rackley was first tied to a chair. Once safely immobilized, his friends tortured him for hours by, among other things, pouring boiling water on him.

When they got tired of torturing Rackley, Black Panther member, Warren Kimbro took Rackley outside and put a bullet in his head. Rackley's body was later found floating in a river about 25 miles north of New Haven, Conn.

Perhaps at this point you're curious as to what happened to these Black Panthers. In 1977, that's only eight years later, only one of the killers was still in jail. The shooter, Warren Kimbro, managed to get a scholarship to Harvard, and became good friends with none other than Al Gore. He later became an assistant dean at an Eastern Connecticut State College. Isn't that something?

As a '60s radical you can pump a bullet into someone's head, and a few years later, in the same state, you can become an assistant college dean! Only in America!

But wait, it gets better! Erica Huggins was the lady who served the Panthers by boiling the water for Mr. Rackley's torture. Some years later Ms. Huggins was elected to a California School Board.

How in the world do you think these killers got off so easy? Maybe it was in some part due to the efforts of two people who came to the defense of the Panthers. These two people actually went so far as to shut down Yale University with demonstrations in defense of the accused Black Panthers during their trial.

One of these people was none other than Bill Lan Lee. Mr. Lee, or Mr. Lan Lee, as the case may be, isn't a college dean. He isn't a member of a California School Board. He is now head of the US Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, appointed by none other than Bill Clinton.

O.K., so who was the other Panther defender? Is this other notable Panther defender now a school board member? Is this other Panther apologist now an assistant college dean? No, neither!

The other Panther defender was, like Lee, a radical law student at Yale University at the time. She is now known by some as The "smartest woman in the world." She is none other than the Democratic senator from the State of New York----our former First Lady, the incredible Hillary Rodham Clinton.

And now, as Paul Harvey said; You know "the rest of tthe story."

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Originally posted by ghost_ttu
I'm much more simple. Republicans tend to want to spend more money on military. That means giving a better chance for those in the military to do their duty without dying. It also means higher salaries for those in the military. Since I plan on having a military career, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out which direction I want to vote.

I would certainly tend to agree with this line of reasoning. Clearly it would appear that a large proportion of the military tends to vote Republican to protect their own beliefs and interests. In fact, I would wonder what someone who commonly is against war and against US military policies in general even wants with the military to begin with. Perhaps a person who adopts this line of thinking would feel more comfortable as an English Professor or a Politician rather than Marine Corps Officer.

kimphil

Pardon Taxman2A,

I didn't realize my reservations about the future conflict in Iraq allowed me to be represented as someone who is "commonly ... against war". For the record, I am against war. Now tell me how that is wrong. Are you going to argue that war is a good thing? I think not.

I do recognize that the use of force is necessary at times, and I believe that for the most part the USA exercises force in a judicious manner. Is wanting to be a member of the military, defending the values I believe and the people I care for wrong? I think not. Please argue otherwise.

PS -- As far as Jesus being a Republican, not likely. Jesus was a Jew, and after African Americans and trial lawyers, Jewish Americans consistently vote in large percentages for Democrats.
spin_125.gif

PPS -- Again with the personal swipes. The suggestion that I consider a career in academics ("English Professor", I'll take that as a compliment), questioning my motivations for wanting to be an Marine Officer, etc. You can dish it out but can't take it. Poor rationalizations refuted by insults. In the future, I'd suggest you take shots at my personal appearance for a change. I'm really look quite hideous if you ever meet me.
paperbag_125.gif

PPPS -- ghost_ttu, you vote for your pocketbook. That's a rational motivation I understand. I vote for ideas, so I vote otherwise.

PPPPS -- Black Panthers? That's ancient history. Who cares? We can spend all day yanking skeletons out of the closet and get nowhere. Perhaps I should start with Trent Lott and work my way up to the President? Stick to the subject.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Originally posted by kimphil

PPS -- Again with the personal swipes. The suggestion that I consider a career in academics ("English Professor", I'll take that as a compliment), questioning my motivations for wanting to be an Marine Officer, etc. You can dish it out but can't take it. Poor rationalizations refuted by insults. In the future, I'd suggest you take shots at my personal appearance for a change. I'm really look quite hideous if you ever meet me.

Saying that you should consider going into another career is not an insult, nor was it intended to be. Anyone who attempts to degrade another person by recommending that they enter a good paying profession which will earn them respect for their intellect should best stay out of the insult game altogether.
However, From what I have gathered from your posts you seem far more willing to defend your own personal politics than your country.
I do understand that this forum is mainly filled with conservatives, which puts you on the defensive end sooner than you most likely would be in other circumstances.

At any rate- you have made your politics very clear to everyone-
In response to Jesus's politics though-
Jesus WAS Jewish as you said.
Today, many Jews are Democrats, as you also said.
However, also, Jews today also disavow the belief that Jesus was the son of God.

That being said, would Jesus be a Jew if he were alive today? I would vote no- that he would be a Christian.
Most carpenters I know are Republican.
All Christian carpenters I know are Republican.

ghost_ttu

I do vote for my pocketbook, however I also vote for what I believe. Perhaps I just prefer to go to war, I'm sure that is why I want to make it to a fighter slot so bad, because I realize I have an income that would support me buying a jet and flying recreationally. My friends have asked me to do that, so that I can stay with them, and fly when I want, but that isn't what it is about with me. I want to fly with the best in the world, be taught by the best in the world, and more importantly whenever there is an injustice in the world and the President feels that it needs to be met with aggression, I damn sure want to be the one pickling the issue.

You can say "you have no combat experience and will change your attitude" perhaps, or maybe it's in my heart that I would live through that fear to make myself do what I feel is right. But what makes me want to puke is when people are willing to sit back and watch while forces intensify, or go without reprocusion of acts that are trully evil.

I'll respect your desire to have a peaceful resolution, however; I would much rather fight next to men and women that want to treat the US or any forein person killed due to evil leadership as a little sister and protect against and eliminate violating and known threats. I feel men and women will fight harder and more precisely when they fight with passion in their hearts, rather than fighting for something they "believe could have been resolved otherwise".

Status
Not open for further replies.